The VG Resource

Full Version: Game Gear Eggman Boss Maniafied (SPRITE EDIT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since i don't do well making my own sprites, i decided to edit sprites instead.  I realized something while playing Sonic Mania that influenced me to do this certain edit, and that's thanks to the Spider-Mobile from Flying Battery Zone Act 2.

See the cockpit?  It reminded me of Game Gear's Sonic 1 Bridge Zone boss, as shown in the second attachment:

Now, the cockpit for the Spider-Mobile is INVERTED, and this is why i didn't see the similarity before actually looking between the two images. So, with that being said, the final product of the transfer awaits!

This is pretty much a long-awaited overhaul of the Submarine Mobile from the Game Gear, as mentioned.  It still retains many of its classic traits, but it actually has an ENTIRELY new attack set.  It hovers much like the original, however, this one can hover MUCH higher than the original, the result being that this one can hover like the Egg Mobile from other Sonic titles.  Instead of small pellets shot out of the sides like in the original, this one uses a more condensed version of Mega-Watt's electricity beam, and there are also variants for the attack if rotated at certain angles.  Also, after the first phase, Robotnik/Eggman will deploy Metal Sonic for the rest of the fight, who will try to defeat Sonic using either the first or second parts of his famous Overclock ability, or just ramming into Sonic.  He'll also try to roll up into a ball to hit the unwary player and make them lose rings.  If spin dashed into, much like Silver/Robo/Mecha/Etc. Sonic, he'll go bouncing around until he either hits the Submarine Mobile, or stops after a few seconds of bouncing.  Metal Sonic MUST be defeated FIRST during the fight's second phase, as Eggman is technically invincible during this.  Using Metal Sonic's ball move to your advantage, however, can damage the sub's thrusters, which makes defeating Eggman in the third phase SIGNIFICANTLY easier, due to the decreased height that occurs.  When Metal Sonic gets defeated, Eggman will go to the scrap pile and put it in the submarine.  Since there's 3 phases, this boss will take 12 hits to defeat instead of 8.  That's because i want to split the hit count for each phase by 4 hit increments, resulting in 3 hit segments with 4 hits each.  Well, with that being said, i know i probably have a LOT i need to improve on this thing, so if you have any suggestions (and there's going to be a LOT), please reply to the post and let me know.