The VG Resource

Full Version: Nicky Sheet Rejection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm NickyFan7 I've been doing pixel art for quite some time I have known about this site's existence ever since I first got into the world of pixel art and it's been a great help it getting my where I currently stand in my pixel art skills, but never considered signing up until now.

As of recently tried to submit a sheet for the character Nicky Parlouzer from the 1992 Sonic the Hedgehog Manga. (He's basically the Clark Kent to Sonic's Superman
) however It was rejected I actually have a lot of sheets which I wish to contribute here, as they are simply consuming my PC storage.

The Nicky sheet I attempted to upload was part of a sprite series I call Genesis Revved! It's my take on the very old Modern Genesis (Mod.Gen) Spritestyle, Only sticking more closely to Genesis sprite sensibilities. 

What I come here to ask is what could I do to the sheet to heighten this and other sheebeing accepted? I've updated it since it's first upload to include a Custom Name Icon I made instead of the edited one from Mania.
[Image: uc?id=1AvNNHNAHN4KSnzwd3fh-_YJWCoAB-Z1A]
I eagerly await your suggestions!
Well, for starters, the sheet is scaled down when you tried to show it. Can't quite give advise if it's hard to see. ^^;
(05-27-2020, 02:04 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for starters, the sheet is scaled down when you tried to show it. Can't quite give advise if it's hard to see. ^^;

So open it directly. Tongue https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1AvNNHNAH...JWCoAB-Z1A
(Oh, I didn't know I could do that)

Anyway, the sprites are of good quality, it's just the yellow is kind of eyebleeding. I can't see anything wrong with the sheet. Maybe they thought it was a Sonic OC?
(05-27-2020, 05:35 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ](Oh, I didn't know I could do that)

Anyway, the sprites are of good quality, it's just the yellow is kind of eyebleeding. I can't see anything wrong with the sheet. Maybe they thought it was a Sonic OC?
Well I specifically told them that he wasn't an OC and that he was from the 1992 Sonic Manga so I don't get how they interpreted him that way. I do have Original Characters however they're from a completely different game.

The only thing I can think is that it may have been my name that made them think that? I use this name because it's my name on GameBanana and the Sonic 3 Angel Island Revisited Discord Server (I've been making some mods for Sonic 3 Angel Island Revisited, Nicky being one of them), and I mostly made the sprites myself with some edits of S3K sprites sprinkled in which I plan to edit later.

So could it be the S3K edits? or My Name?
I said in the rejection PM that it was rejected for being a minor edit of a custom sheet, the body is unreadable, and the added glasses look jagged.
(05-28-2020, 07:44 AM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]I said in the rejection PM that it was rejected for being a minor edit of a custom sheet, the body is unreadable, and the added glasses look jagged.

What sheet was it an edit of? I'd like to know so I may fix it up to be submitted.