The VG Resource

Full Version: .mtn2 files are combined...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salutations, I had my doubts about posting this here, but since it relates to ripping models I may as well. TLDR at the bottom.

So, I have been doing a personal project of ripping Azran Legacy's character models (Perhaps Miracle Mask in the future?) for the past half year, and Desmond was the main character I was going for. So, of course I was hyped when I finally managed to locate and extract his character file via Karameru and viewed the model itself on Metanoia.
... Unfortunately, there seemed to be something strange with Desmond's character file compared to the rest of the character files that I compared it to.

For Desmond, there was only one ".mtn2" file, which was supposedly the animation file, at least from what I heard. In comparison, I checked Descole, Luke and Aurora's character files, and there was multiple .mtn2 files instead. No big deal, right? Well, that's what I thought.
Originally, you can right click on these .mtn2 files to export them, and then import them when viewing the model in question. For example, whenever I applied Descole's .mtn2 files to his own model, they worked flawlessly, and each .mtn2 file had it's own animation for him.
For Desmond, however...? It's hard to really put it into words, so I recorded what happened instead;

To at least try to summarize what happened, all of the animations were in one .mtn2 file, and thus I suppose it clashed with one-another and created some rather... Unique results.
So, if anyone knows if there's a fix for this, or at least know why Desmond's .mtn2 files were combined into one, I'd really appreciate it as I've been struggling to figure this out myself.

-A little side note that I doubt will help with this, but thought it was something to point out; The character models that have a "puzzle solved" animation have their own separate character file for those animations alone, which the model itself is notably smaller in size. Desmond's puzzle solved animations on that file are actually just fine, not combined at all for some strange reason.

Oh, and for those who are wondering, it isn't any better on Blender. Exported the animation as a ".smd" file and the model as a ".dae" properly, and imported them both into Blender (using a plugin for importing the .smd file, of course). The program crashed when it got to the messed up animation of him readjusting his tie.

TLDR; Desmond's character file has a combined .mtn2 file for an unknown reason compared to the other characters and his animations got messed up because of it. I want to know preferably if there's a way to fix this, or if anyone has any idea what may have happened to cause this.

I can provide Desmond's character file if needed.