The VG Resource

Full Version: .bin files / Sonic CD Rip Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not the most technically minded person, and searching for answers just leaves me more confused than when I started.

How do I access .bin files which contain images?

Updated: Comparing my in-progress background rips with those of Divine Insect's, it has become apparent that I'm missing something, and I have no idea what that is. Using vanilla Gens' Plane Viewer and the GSavestate Viewer doesn't solve the issues, and with SonED2 requiring disassemblies that don't exist, I don't know how they found stuff that simply doesn't load in any way shape or form when I check it. I figured going through the Steam version's files might lead to an answer, but that just led to more dead ends, hence the thread.
Bin files are literally the most used file format, as such there's no standard method of opening them. You'd have a better chance by saying which game exactly you're trying to rip from.
Updated thread and deleted my previous response to make room for this one.

Quote:Comparing my in-progress background rips with those of Divine Insect's, it has become apparent that I'm missing something, and I have no idea what that is. Using vanilla Gens' Plane Viewer and the GSavestate Viewer doesn't solve the issues, and with SonED2 requiring disassemblies that don't exist, I don't know how they found stuff that simply doesn't load in any way shape or form when I check it. I figured going through the Steam version's files might lead to an answer, but that just led to more dead ends, hence the thread.