The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon D/P/Pt Styled Overworlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Introduction:
Hey, I'm DiamondDustSpirit and I would like to present my project, to sprite every Pokemon in Pokemon D/P/Pt Styled Overworlds...

My Goal(s):
My goal is to provide people all the Pokemon. Why? Well, someone would need it eventually. Another reason is because my Pokemon fan game calls for it! Ha!

Current Status:
Here's my Status: (All excluding forms)
7/150 Generation 1 Pokemon Finished
1/100 Generation 2 Pokemon Finished
4/135 Generation 3 Pokemon Finished
5/107 Generation 4 Pokemon Finished
17/493 Overall Pokemon finished
Pikachu, Cleffairy, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Torchic, Shroomish, Skitty, Pachirissu, Driftloon, Bunneary, Happiny and Skaymin(Normal Forme) were ripped from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl by me.
Generation 1
[Image: ProjectPokemonBAPKMNOverworlds1-1.png]
Generation 2
[Image: ProjectPokemonBAPKMNOverworlds2.png]
Generation 3
[Image: ProjectPokemonBAPKMNOverworlds3.png]
Generation 4
[Image: ProjectPokemonBAPKMNOverworlds4.png]
To-Do List:
  • Chickorita
  • Mudkip
  • Wailord
  • Koffing
  • Vulpix
  • Ninetails
  • Eevee
  • Vapereon
  • Jolteon
  • Flareon
  • Espeon
  • Umbreon
  • Leafeon
  • Glaceon
  • Magnemite
  • Magneton
  • Magnezone
  • Froslass
  • Mismagius
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • Roserade
  • Togetic

Conclusion:
Don't ask, I do not require help, I just want people's opinions and such.
If you would like me to do a certain Pokemon, then please say so and I will put it in my To-Do list, on the top.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Squirtle's tail is about 2/3rds the size of His head....

and show more sprites please.
(01-11-2009, 09:19 PM)Medri Fogmatio Wrote: [ -> ]Squirtle's tail is about 2/3rds the size of His head....

Is it supposed to be that big or is it not?
I am still working on the edits, all the sprites other then Squirtle are some from D/P that I ripped. Would you like me to show that lol?
(01-11-2009, 09:25 PM)DiamondDustSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2009, 09:19 PM)Medri Fogmatio Wrote: [ -> ]Squirtle's tail is about 2/3rds the size of His head....

Is it supposed to be that big or is it not?
I am still working on the edits, all the sprites other then Squirtle are some from D/P that I ripped. Would you like me to show that lol?

The tail is too short. He's saying it needs to be larger.

Also, don't save your works as .bmp's. Save them as .png's, and photobucket won't compress them into jpegs.
Thanks for the advice, I updated the first page. If anyone wants me to do a certain Pokemon, tell me and I will do it. The next pokemon I will probably finish is Cyndaquil.
EDIT: I updated again after I saw that the sheet went through the forum's border...
Nice job on squirtle.

Maybe wailord or magnezone after the starters? Theres dolls for both.
Thanks, I'll update when I get home which will be 7 hours after this post. I have started on Marril(Kinda random) and also on Charmander and Cyndaquil is almost finished. I'll add Magnezone and Wailord to my To-Do list and I also gotta rip the overworlds that are not in D/P and I don't know when I'll do that.
Sorry for double posting but I just made an update. I updated the entire first post and you can see a new Pokemon is up, Cyndaquil. Hopefully, it will use it's Attract and bring people to this thread!
Since when was Cyndaquil bipedal? He should be walking on all fours.
(01-13-2009, 06:37 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Since when was Cyndaquil bipedal? He should be walking on all fours.
No, I think it can walk on 2. It stands on 2 and also on the Emerald sprite, he jumps. If he could do that, then I think it can walk on 2. I don't think it can walk on 4 because its upper leg(or arm, whatever) is too small, it would not function well... Shall we discuss?
Ha, did anyone guess what Pokemon is next?
He uses his arms as feet kinda like pickachu does. They also use them in battle. It's been a while since I've seen him on tv but I'm sure if you looked in the pokemon stadium 2 game you should find the anwser there.
(01-13-2009, 06:37 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Since when was Cyndaquil bipedal? He should be walking on all fours.

*Ahem* http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/5262
Taking that sheet as reference, though, his head should probably smaller, similar to Pikachu's. And I agree with Medri Fogmatio about Squirtle's tail size.

Maybe you should do Koffing? It's fairly easy and it's kind of popular. I'm a tad surprised you took this as a personal project, as a new member, it's often expected for people to come in an request for others to do work for them. Still, good luck with this, it'll probably be useful to a few people if you do finish.

Oh, and Dragoon, can you show proof of that? I don't recall seeing those dolls; I may be wrong though.
I just google videoed and I found an anime where Ash trains Cyndaquil and early in the episode, you see Cyndaquil running with 2 legs with Ash, so that shows that Cyndaquil walks with 2 feet.
Anyway, the update shall come tommorow and I will change the order of the Pokemon's directions in the sheet because I noticed it's kinda scrambled and I will also add, whoever didn't figure what Pokemon, Charmander. It's actually done now but you'll have to wait till tommorow to see it Wink.
(01-13-2009, 08:59 PM)Furs Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, and Dragoon, can you show proof of that? I don't recall seeing those dolls; I may be wrong though.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo354...asepd3.png <- There you go.
They're in platinum.

Nice job on cyndaquil BTW.
(01-13-2009, 08:59 PM)Furs Wrote: [ -> ]

*Ahem* http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/5262
Taking that sheet as reference, though, his head should probably smaller, similar to Pikachu's. And I agree with Medri Fogmatio about Squirtle's tail size.

Maybe you should do Koffing? It's fairly easy and it's kind of popular. I'm a tad surprised you took this as a personal project, as a new member, it's often expected for people to come in an request for others to do work for them. Still, good luck with this, it'll probably be useful to a few people if you do finish.

Didn't see your post, we posted at the same time, what a coincedence. I already increased its size but I guess I should increase it more. I'll also edit Cyndaquil.
Also, yes, this is my first sprite project, glad you noticed, and I wouldn't really request since it's against the rules, that's number one, and also, number 2, I could do it myself and with you and other people's opinions, I could make it better and keep improving throughout the way. Phew, so much commas...
Pages: 1 2 3