The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping models from Tigger's Honey Hunt (2000)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was hoping to rip models and 2D graphics from Tigger's Honey Hunt, a game that was released for PC (Windows), PS1 and the Nintendo 64 in 2000.

The three ports look and play the same. The folder/file structure and file formats are 95% identical for both the PC and PS1 ports. I don't know about the N64 one, but I expect it to be the same as well.

The game's developer company is Doki Denka and it appears they only made five other games.

I attached a look at the folder and file structure of the different levels' files (PS1 version).

The model file format is most likely LVL (because the other files seem too small in file size to me). It actually cannot be STR or XA, because those files do not exist in the PC version whereas LVL does.

The LVL files have no clear file identifier. The hex code starts and ends with a lot of 00 00 00 00 00... .

EDIT: The LVL file format seems to contain more stuff of the level than just its model. I found a text string (subtitle) that is used during a character interaction within the level.
Use the latest version of Project64 with the LemD3D8 graphics plugin. Run the game that you want with the plugin and pause to a point where you want to rip. Next, go into the graphics plugin's settings and check "Export VRML" and get out of the settings. Next what you want to do is you need to quickly unpause and then pause the emulator to rip everything from the 3d scene. (All the ripped files go to C:/VRML) And then you can import the VRL file in Blender and there you have it. Good Luck!
(03-22-2020, 06:03 PM)Cavan Ashton Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest version of Project64 with the LemD3D8 graphics plugin. Run the game that you want with the plugin and pause to a point where you want to rip. Next, go into the graphics plugin's settings and check "Export VRML" and get out of the settings. Next what you want to do is you need to quickly unpause and then pause the emulator to rip everything from the 3d scene. (All the ripped files go to C:/VRML) And then you can import the VRL file in Blender and there you have it. Good Luck!

It kind of worked. But it seems like it misinterpreted the vertex colours and I wonder if those can be fixed.

In Material and Render mode, the vertex colours don't work. But in Solid mode, I'm not entirely sure but it does seem like the colours of the polygons kinda match the vertex colours in-game.

In-game
[Image: unknown.png]

In Material Preview mode:

In Solid mode: