The VG Resource

Full Version: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time / Sly 4 and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to the forum, but I've been getting my hands dirty with ripping game files for years. However, I've come to one that I simply cannot figure out.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time released on PS3 and PS Vita in 2013. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale released on the same systems a year earlier. My goal is to find the model that Sly himself uses in Thieves in Time, as well as the Archery Disguise used in both games. I'm aware that PSASBR Sly has been ripped, as well as TiT Vita Sly, but I'd like to get the models from the same game.

Thieves in Time is entirely embedded in an .EDAT file. Specifically, "Sly4.psarc.edat". Interesting that it uses two file extensions. PSASBR is embedded in a much wider arrange of files, with portraits (and assumedly models) being stored within .PSARC files.

I have found .PSARC extractors online, but none that I have used have managed to decrypt the further compression within PSASBR's files. As for .EDAT, I have absolutely no idea how to extract those. There are no forums or videos that I have found that even want to try to.

Is there anybody who could assist me with this? I'd really love these HD Sly models, especially the Archery one. If you could at least give me a lead on how to do it myself, it would be greatly appreciated.