The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario World Custom Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone.

Recently I've been researching quite a bit about the 1989 Build of Super Mario World, which is what I consider one of the most highly saught for prototypes of All Time.

That's just my opinion though, next to the 1990 Build of Sonic the Hedgehog, heh.

I've been working on some sprites today, and I want your opinions on them, and possibly provide feedback?

The first row of sprites is for Para-Beetle, an enemy from Super Mario Bros. 3.

The next row of sprites are for Hammer Bro, who first appeared all the way back to Super Mario Bros. for the NES, I also included some custom hammer and overworld sprites.

I'll post more of my sprites in this thread, so keep checking it from time to time! Smile
I've been working on remaking the Prerelease Super Mario World Overworld Map, and so far it's been going pretty well, but I would appreciate feedback on it before I start working on finalizing it completely for submission.

Keep in mind the reason why there's sections missing is because there's only been two prerelease screenshots found of the overworld map, so unfortunately until more screenshots are found I can not fully finish the island itself, however if anyone has more prerelease screenshots or additional info on the 1989 build of Super Mario World, feel free to post them here. Smile
Hey, that's a really cool recreation! I'd be glad to share screen shots if I had any. Big Grin
(01-21-2020, 11:20 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, that's a really cool recreation! I'd be glad to share screen shots if I had any. Big Grin
Thanks so much! I have fun recreating stuff like this, it gives me something to do. Big Grin
Hello, everyone!

I hope you're all staying safe and well. Today, I am back with another update!

I haven't been working on this sprite sheet much over the past couple of months, but I have made some progress.

[Image: latest?cb=20200529171835&format=original]
Very recently, I have made sprites for Fighter Fly, Sidestepper, and Spiny Egg. Please feel free to give feedback and let me know what other enemies you would like made in this art style. Smile