The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping games from Hyperscan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Hyperscan is one of the worst consoles ever made. How do I rip sprites from the hyperscan?
Extract the disc imageĀ and explore. The filesystem is plain old UDF, so you shouldn't have any trouble there. I've not exactly dug through the games, but I took a quick look at Spider-Man, which uses TGA for some graphics, which is easy enough to work with. Let us know if you're stuck on any specific files/formats.
How do I extract the disc image and explore? What program do I use?
Unless you're on Linux, I don't know what works. But if you find something to convert BIN/CUE to ISO if necessary, you should then be able to extract or mount the ISO with a variety of software.

I found an online tool for converting BIN/CUE to ISO at some point. It ran in the browser client-side, which was neat. But I've lost that, so I just use bchunk now. I bet 7ZIP can extract from the ISO.
WinRAR opens .ISO files natively.
Alright, I found some sprites! It seems to be Captain America from Marvel Heroes, but I need to find the palette now. This is 8bpp btw.
[Image: Hyperscan-sprites.png]
The program I used is TiledGGD.