The VG Resource

Full Version: PLvsPWAA Model Ripping Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I am writing a thread to find out if anyone has made progress ripping out game models and game assets from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney.

I've seen some users around VGR who have already tried doing so, and the progress was really great. Unfortunately, not many people who took part in that process have reported back in, nor did they update VGR lately about it. (It's probably just me not looking hard enough.)

After some research, along with a couple of thread references here in the VG Resource, I used Kuriimu and/or Karameru (Forgot which one extracts the game files), and I ended up with a couple of files like these (to have my own source of assets).

Each one of the folders contains one of each file extension (Probably not all folders):
*.atr, *.cmn, *.mbn, *.mtr, *.prm, *.sil, *.txp, *.xi (each on a numbering basis per folder), and a RES.bin file.

[Image: Capture.png]

I haven't researched much as to what these files really are and how to open them, so I am wondering if there's a particular way to convert these files into 3DSMax-appropriate files? I mostly use 3DSMax for rendering purposes.
I have seen these files on Blender, but I had no idea how to place anim files in there.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone here has already tried opening these sorts of files, and actually use of them in certain software? (Besides Kuriimu which in fact, whoever developed it, did a wonderful job opening some sorts of these files. Kudos to them. Heart)
Could you provide some sample files?
(11-02-2019, 10:28 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: [ -> ]Could you provide some sample files?

Heya. Sure. Here you go. This only contain's Professor Layton's character model. You may find those kinds of files inside. If you want, I can look for more assets for you. I'll be some time before I rip them and send some more to ya.
The .xi files are the textures.
You can open them with Kukkii.
I could not find the model file.
(11-03-2019, 03:00 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: [ -> ]The .xi files are the textures.
You can open them with Kukkii.
I could not find the model file.

That's a shame...
Well. If you want anything else from me, let me know.
You can use this

Open the XC file; not the extracted stuff.
Ex. c102.xc
[Image: z4BRcEJ.png]
The button in red export the model to DAE which may be open-able by 3DS Max.

Not *all* XC files will open, but a large majority of them do.
(11-13-2019, 05:07 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]You can use this

Ex. c102.xc

This is amazing! Thanks a bunch! Although, yeah, not many xc files can open, but this is remarkable progress and stuff! Really impressed.
I was wondering if there are methods to rip out animation data from the game?
I've actually been trying to get this going for like, a year myself.  Ironically looks like the AA characters, which is what I was hoping for especially, are a lot of the ones I can't import. Cry I second the animation part too, been hoping to import both into 3DS Max similar to how MT Framework* does so for Capcom models+anims, or to convert them with something like you've made with Metanoia.  Any ideas as to why multiple models from the same game are structured so differently?

* (Screenshot in relation to what MT Framework is)
[Image: pmIswHY.png]

Ex. c102.xc

Shame it doesn't work whatsoever with the .xc or .xi files for Layton's Mystery Journey on Switch. I've tried.

If you are aiming to update your software for compatibility, I could provide a .zip of a few of the files in my next comment for you to go through.
I updated the program to open more XCs. There should only be a handful that don't open now.

(11-17-2019, 12:56 PM)akuago220 Wrote: [ -> ]Shame it doesn't work whatsoever with the .xc or .xi files for Layton's Mystery Journey on Switch. I've tried.

If you are aiming to update your software for compatibility, I could provide a .zip of a few of the files in my next comment for you to go through.

Sure, I'll take a look at them.
(11-17-2019, 07:13 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]I updated the program to open more XCs. There should only be a handful that don't open now.

(11-17-2019, 12:56 PM)akuago220 Wrote: [ -> ]Shame it doesn't work whatsoever with the .xc or .xi files for Layton's Mystery Journey on Switch. I've tried.

Sure, I'll take a look at them.
Oh, cool! Here's a link to download the .zip file with them: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ci3x0pwme...s.zip/file

Thanks in advanced for doing this.
Got those working.
But there were only 2 texture formats used in those samples. If any other models throw a texture related error let me know and I'll add support for them as well.
[Image: vst6WQG.png][Image: r8t73Gh.png]
(11-18-2019, 02:12 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]Got those working.
But there were only 2 texture formats used in those samples. If any other models throw a texture related error let me know and I'll add support for them as well.
[Image: vst6WQG.png][Image: r8t73Gh.png]
I'll let you know if anything odd goes on with any other character files. Until then, thank you so much! I'll be sure to credit you when I port her to Source.

Ex. c102.xc

I've been trying to get models from this for a while!  I found the uploaded ones, but the bones don't seem to load right and no pose loading either...  
Checking this out though, I can get some of who I want and others crash it (like storyteller) and also Darklaw is mirrored?  Embarassed

[Image: 5wfijvH.png] Any ideas on animations or the mirroring?  I'll attach files!
edit: Evidently I've attached wrong, but here Darklaw & Storyteller
That storyteller file is missing parts. The filesize for it is supposed to be 1,093KB not 69. You should probably re-extract it.

The mirroring I don't know about. It looks like it's just that particular Darklaw model. The other Darklaw model, c108, looks fine.

As for animation, inside of some XC files you will find mtn2. These are the bone animations and can be exported by right clicking on them.
[Image: qOFQf6g.png]

Then open the model and on the model viewer window go to File->Import Animation and import the mtn2.
Once imported successfully you can export the animation as SMD. (Other exportable formats may be supported in the future)
[Image: mjG12iY.png][Image: jWwBGp6.png]
The visibility and material animations are not supported at this time, but they aren't hard to replicate.
Pages: 1 2