The VG Resource

Full Version: Need help ripping sprites from an old PC game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am rather new to ripping sprites. I want to rip sprites from a 2002 PC game. There is a "resource.res" file in the game's folder. Other than that there are a bunch of .dll's and the .exe for the game, some .cnf config files and .smk movie files. How do I go about doing this?
(10-02-2019, 02:47 AM)THE Wrote: [ -> ]I am rather new to ripping sprites. I want to rip sprites from a 2002 PC game. There is a "resource.res" file in the game's folder. Other than that there are a bunch of .dll's and the .exe for the game, some .cnf config files and .smk movie files. How do I go about doing this?

Can you tell me what the name is? Maybe share the file, if it is small enough.
Sometimes a regular zip/rar program can open these files, otherwise I usually look around online whether an extractor exists. Generally you will need a hex editor though for the sprites.
(10-12-2019, 06:29 AM)Swift_Nimblefoot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2019, 02:47 AM)THE Wrote: [ -> ]I am rather new to ripping sprites. I want to rip sprites from a 2002 PC game. There is a "resource.res" file in the game's folder. Other than that there are a bunch of .dll's and the .exe for the game, some .cnf config files and .smk movie files. How do I go about doing this?

Can you tell me what the name is? Maybe share the file, if it is small enough.
Sometimes a regular zip/rar program can open these files, otherwise I usually look around online whether an extractor exists. Generally you will need a hex editor though for the sprites.

I'd suggest using 7-Zip, It's alway's worked for me when opening most archives.
i need help to ripping sprites from this pak file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WGNv1e...7w-l-Egz9Y