The VG Resource

Full Version: Model Cleanup Assistance (Texmod/Blender)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyyo everyone, new to the forums so sorry if this ends up in the wrong place or anything.

So I'm new to ripping and I have some models that come with their... issues. I'm wondering if there is an easier way I'm missing to get these models ready to go, or if they really will take a tedious while to cleanup.

My method is using Texmod with PCSX2 screencaps, which I then go to edit in blender.

Of course we know this method doesn't like giving us any T-poses but thats fine. My issue is more along the lines of countless extra faces and random vertices or edges. Lots and lots of them, in fact. that, and what seems to be second skins of the model, or tears that i need to re-attatch. Here's the example: (Ignore the lack of neck faces, thats from me turning his head.)

[attachment=9972]

Main question is, is there an easier way to delete all the extra edges or vertices not attatched to faces? Or the extra faces overlapping the others? 'Select->loose geometry' doesnt seem to select much of anything. Also there's still a bit of warping but I figured I could just copy/paste a mirror for some parts. Is there a simpler method people go by to clean up their rips? Or do I need to do all this 'by hand'? I would hate to do all that only to realize later I did all that work for nothing!

Second question that could be asked I suppose is there just a better method in general for ripping models from PS2 games? Or does texmod yield essentially the same results as any others?

Thanks in advance!
You could, possibly, go to the object manager and select each duplicate face and delete it. Any chance you could upload your work file?
(10-05-2019, 12:58 AM)Satsubatsu347 Wrote: [ -> ]You could, possibly, go to the object manager and select each duplicate face and delete it. Any chance you could upload your work file?

Sorry for the incredibly late response, I had put this project on hold, lol. Anywho, uhhh im still newish to blender and not quite sure which the object manager is. Here's a file attatchment though if you are still curious; it isn't the most cleaned up or fixed version I had been working on, but this is what I got after cleaning up the extra stage/characters from the pcsx2 screencap and scaling the character's axis to make it mostly normal and unwarped. 

i think some of the duplicate mesh issue is due to the models having a cartoon outline naturally thus the layers but it is still quite a mess with all the tearing.