The VG Resource

Full Version: How to rip Freddy Fazbear Pizzaria Simulator's sprites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so I'm sorry if I missed some rule and make a mistake somehow. I don't rip sprites often, despite using the site a lot, so I might be missing something obvious and this is a stupid question.

I noticed that the game Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria Simulator (AKA Five Nights at Freddy's 6) was missing from the site, despite the other FNaF games being there. I planned on submitting the game for approval, but I had a really hard time figuring out how to rip sprites from that game. I had the program Texmod installed on my computer from a few years back to use on another FNaF game, but it was really inefficient so I tried to avoid using it. After researching for a while, I couldn't find any other alternatives, so I just used Texmod to rip the intro minigame, just so I could submit the game and hopefully get the ball rolling on ripping the sprites.

However, my submission was denied, with the reasons being "The sheet does not have a 1:1 pixel ratio. In other words, the sprites are resized or appear stretched in some way." and "These sprites do not appear to be ripped correctly due to how oversized and blurry they are. You're better off trying to extract them directly from the files if possible."

Like I said at the beginning, I'm still pretty new to actually ripping sprites, so I don't know where I went wrong. I copied and pasted the files onto the sprite sheet exactly how they were, I didn't change the size or alter them in any way. I don't know how Texmod works, so I don't know if I made a mistake or if there's just something wrong with the program I used, or if the program is even usable for directly ripping sprites? 

The rejection DM said I could reply or post it on the forum for help, so I'm here to ask how to properly rip sprites from this game. I believe that the game engine used for the FNaF series is Clickteam Fusion 2.5 if I'm not mistaken, so I was wondering what other ways I could rip the sprites from a game in that engine? Even if I didn't make a mistake and it was just a misunderstanding or something, I'd still like to know if there's a way to just directly rip the sprites from the game instead of having to boot it up and manually save every sprite using Texmod. I don't even know if it's possible, but I don't want to just give up until I know where I messed up.

tl;dr How can I directly rip the sprites from a FNaF game, which uses the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 engine.

Also, here's the sheet I submitted so you can better determine where I made a mistake. I don't know if it's too big for the forum, I couldn't find a specific image size requirement in the rules so I apologize if it's too big.

[Image: GF197y3.png]