The VG Resource

Full Version: Models and Animations from Mario Hoops 3-on-3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I posted this comment on the "NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter" thread in Project Organization but I have yet to get any response so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Basically, I have been trying to export some models and animations from Mario Hoops 3-on-3. When I view the NDS file in Console Tool I get this:

[Image: axutgLR.png]

So I can see some compressed bmd and bca files which are the models and skeletal animations. And note that the "c00" folder goes up to "c21" which makes sense as there are 21 playable characters in the game. But anyway as a result I tried to extract them using Apicula but I ended up with this (ignore the red)...

[Image: VJGluCA.png]

To make sure I was doing things correctly I tried another game and it worked perfectly fine. And after reading this page it says that Apicula can decompress LZ77 files but I assume LZ7 files are different. I have used both wwcxtool and Tinke to decompress the LZ7 files but to no avail. BMD viewer and Apicula aren't capable of opening the model files let alone the animation files after decompressing. An interesting thing i've noticed is that the filing system is identical to Super Mario 64 DS and even Apicula isn't capable of extracting the files in that game. But, if you extract the bmd files using Tinke you can view them in MKDS Course Modifier but not for Mario Hoops... 

I'm not sure if it's even possible to extract them at this point but maybe someone more knowledgeable can help me out. I'll link some of the files I extracted (both compressed and decompressed).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hhs7i3cbxk...s.rar/file
You're most likely right as when I tried to open the decompressed file in Apicula I got the following error:

[Image: OkLGdfP.png]

I'm not sure what to do about this though unfortunately...
try using a bmd importer or superbmd, they might be the format that is used on gamecube games (bmd instead of nsbmd/bmd0)
Yeah none of the BMD viewers for gamecube worked unfortunately.