The VG Resource

Full Version: Rocks n' Grass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My first real try at a tileset. I'm pretty pleased.
[Image: tiles1xc1.gif]
Looks pretty great. Love the rocks.
You need to remove the grid effect, it's ruining your tileset. I mean... stare at the rocks and the grass. After some time, you'll see an imaginary grid dividing the tiles. When this occurs, you must 'mix' the tiles better.
[Image: tiles1cm5.gif]
No, it's still not tiling together correctly

Also the biggest rock isn't textured right, but for a first time it's pretty good.
When you look at the tiles individually, you can see how you had the right idea: Similar blades of grass that get darker across the tiles; The problem is that the grass starts thick at the top and thins out nearer the bottom of each tile. While that's all fine and dandy when you've only got a line of tiles, when you start stacking them on top of one another, there shows a stark line that separates each upper tiles' thick area from the lower tiles' thin area.

Vertical separations also appear, but they aren't as prevalent; one thing at a time.
Never noticed that before, I'll git to it! Thanks.
[Image: tiles1bg5.gif]
better?
To be honest... no. I don't think you should dither. And you can still tell there's a pattern Sad
Make each tile so that you can flip it horizontally and it will still match up with the tiles around it. When you assemble them, flip half of the tiles (NOT in an easily recognizable pattern). That'll reduce one's ability to notice any breaks.

Also, the two darkest tiles have very visible lines near their bottoms.
Chris- I was kinda going for a rough pattern on the rocks.
Omega- I think I'll just throw in an alternate tile now and then, the flipping thing looks weird.
Okay... it just looks out of place, that's all.
M'kay, I'll try something else. Also,
[Image: tiles1gz1.gif]
Yeah, the second rock's better Smile.
B-but I haven't changed the rocks. I added extra tiles to the grass.
Pages: 1 2