The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokémon GO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems like either nobody cares about this, or it's some huge secret: how does one get assets for this game that aren't stored in the APK or IPA? There are assets stored on a cloud server that are downloaded when accessed and cleared as soon as they're not being used. The game apparently can't be played on a rooted device or PC emulator, so that's out. There was once a tool for this, but it's too outdated to work, and the few remaining data miners seem tight-lipped about this.

There are a bunch of models missing from the game's page. People will tell you "Well, the Pokémon models are the same as in the 3DS games, so who cares?" That's not what I'm talking about. The Pikachu caps, other Pokémon variants like Armored Mewtwo, and the Team Leaders are missing. Did I mention Meltan and Melmetal? This was the first game their models appeared in, it's only fitting that they should be ripped from it.
Hey I'm the author of this package - I don't remember that the assets get cleared from the device when they are no longer used.
Since the assets get downloaded from the servers on-the-fly, your best chance would be to sniff your network traffic and grab the download URLs from the servers by hand. IIRC, these URLs use hash tickets, but they should be valid for ~1 hour from any device.
Your next problem is, that the assets are likely encrypted. I don't remember if they used an actual encryption (search /r/pokemongodev) or if they were just compressed UnityFS files.

Edit: Might a good place to research: Link
(08-04-2019, 12:56 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like either nobody cares about this, or it's some huge secret: how does one get assets for this game that aren't stored in the APK or IPA? There are assets stored on a cloud server that are downloaded when accessed and cleared as soon as they're not being used. The game apparently can't be played on a rooted device or PC emulator, so that's out. There was once a tool for this, but it's too outdated to work, and the few remaining data miners seem tight-lipped about this.

There are a bunch of models missing from the game's page. People will tell you "Well, the Pokémon models are the same as in the 3DS games, so who cares?" That's not what I'm talking about. The Pikachu caps, other Pokémon variants like Armored Mewtwo, and the Team Leaders are missing. Did I mention Meltan and Melmetal? This was the first game their models appeared in, it's only fitting that they should be ripped from it.
meltan is ripped already https://github.com/ZeChrales/PogoAssets/tree/master/891
a
nd armored mewtwo we have the model but not the rig https://github.com/ZeChrales/PogoAssets/...red_mewtwo
(08-04-2019, 08:58 AM)YeraySL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2019, 12:56 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like either nobody cares about this, or it's some huge secret: how does one get assets for this game that aren't stored in the APK or IPA? There are assets stored on a cloud server that are downloaded when accessed and cleared as soon as they're not being used. The game apparently can't be played on a rooted device or PC emulator, so that's out. There was once a tool for this, but it's too outdated to work, and the few remaining data miners seem tight-lipped about this.

meltan is ripped already https://github.com/ZeChrales/PogoAssets/tree/master/891
a
nd armored mewtwo we have the model but not the rig https://github.com/ZeChrales/PogoAssets/...red_mewtwo

Yes, but they can’t be submitted here because somebody else ripped them.
(08-04-2019, 12:16 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but they can’t be submitted here because somebody else ripped them.
Didn't stop someone else trying to do so earlier... :/
(08-04-2019, 05:47 AM)xima Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I'm the author of this package - I don't remember that the assets get cleared from the device when they are no longer used.
Since the assets get downloaded from the servers on-the-fly, your best chance would be to sniff your network traffic and grab the download URLs from the servers by hand. IIRC, these URLs use hash tickets, but they should be valid for ~1 hour from any device.
Your next problem is, that the assets are likely encrypted. I don't remember if they used an actual encryption (search /r/pokemongodev) or if they were just compressed UnityFS files.

Edit: Might a good place to research: Link
What's the best way to sniff traffic? I've used Fiddler before, but you need to install a certificate to whatever device you're sniffing and the game won't work with one.
I hate to bump this, but the announcement of Pokémon Rumble Rush’s death is making me nervous. Does anyone have any more suggestions?
[Image: P-GO_AND_CHARACTER_Blanche.png][Image: P-GO_AND_CHARACTER_Candela.png][Image: P-GO_AND_KANTO_001_Bulbasaur.png][Image: P-GO_AND_KANTO_025_Pikachu_Mimikyu_Costume.png]

Original rigging, at http://g-r.000webhostapp.com/
Okay, but I want to rip the models myself. Does Nox work with the game?
(04-22-2020, 02:44 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but I want to rip the models myself. Does Nox work with the game?
I'll answer myself: nope.
(04-23-2020, 12:09 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2020, 02:44 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but I want to rip the models myself. Does Nox work with the game?
I'll answer myself: nope.
I got these files before emulators lost support. So not anymore. Given how long it took me to figure it out myself, I won't be sharing that information with you either, sorry!
Using Charles to monitor traffic on my phone I was able to see...something happening. It appears, though, that most of the game's content is being accessed via pgorelease.nianticlabs.com. Previous documentation shows that the models are hosted on storage.googleapis.com. I did get traffic from storage.googleapis.com, but not very much. Charles exported the files in a raw format, and most pof them are less than a megabyte. Should I share them anyway?