The VG Resource

Full Version: How to rip models and textures from a old Pc game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I’m having trouble ripping and need some help from you lovely people!

So, first things first, I’ve probably posted this in the wrong spot, if so, I’m really sorry, first time posting.

So here’s my problem: 

I have a iso of a old game. I’ve got it able to run, but I want to rip the models and textures. When I try Ninja Ripper, it gives me the application wasn’t able to start correctly (0xc00005) This happens to all the games I try to rip from, even though I’ve opened them perfectly fine without Ninja Ripper before. I’ve tried running it as an administrator too, but it still gives me that error. No file appears in any of the game’s folders that indicate Ninja Ripper could get in. Intruder gives me that error, the rest do nothing.

I’ve also tried 3D Ripper DX and Noesis. 

The model files seem to be in .cxt format, which is a sheet of code. I have no idea how to get them out! 

Someone, please help, I’d be so appreciative!
(07-30-2019, 07:17 PM)CorruptTurret Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to help directly if you don't give sample files or anything.
Sorry, but how do I send those?

(07-30-2019, 07:17 PM)CorruptTurret Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to help directly if you don't give sample files or anything.
The game's iso is too large to send, should I just send the link I got it from?

https://archive.org/details/BarbiePrincessPauper#reviews

Here's thee link
This is quite interesting. I was looking at the PC game King of the Hill lately and it uses the same formatting. I don't believe this game uses 3D models (prove me wrong) but 2D sprites rendered to look like 3D models instead. The cxt files can be extracted with Game Extractor. Due to the 1MB upload limit on the forums, I have uploaded the full contents of bgart and bgsound here (4MB):
https://1fichier.com/?deqf29qo3123bpbkx7i8

I've not looked into how it actually stores this data, and it might be a bit tricky. With King of the Hill, a lot of the sndS files were just PCM, so you could open them as raw data, though I didn't look at the graphical data at all.
(07-31-2019, 06:33 AM)Simpsons Dumper Wrote: [ -> ]This is quite interesting. I was looking at the PC game King of the Hill lately and it uses the same formatting. I don't believe this game uses 3D models (prove me wrong) but 2D sprites rendered to look like 3D models instead. The cxt files can be extracted with Game Extractor. Due to the 1MB upload limit on the forums, I have uploaded the full contents of bgart and bgsound here (4MB):
https://1fichier.com/?deqf29qo3123bpbkx7i8

I've not looked into how it actually stores this data, and it might be a bit tricky. With King of the Hill, a lot of the sndS files were just PCM, so you could open them as raw data, though I didn't look at the graphical data at all.
I’ve been wondering about that, since all I had was code. That might be true. Too bad, I really wanted a dress from the game! Oh well, thanks for the help!