The VG Resource

Full Version: Yu-Gi-Oh! DOR Ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so to start out this is not a thread asking for how to rip from this game. Actually I have found out how to do this. What I hope to accomplish is share the knowledge that I had learned. 

Programs needed:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Ninja Ripper or Texmod
Blender and/or 3ds Max
Rom of the game
Gimp / Photoshop program

Ripping Models/Textures
1. First set up the specific version of the game emulator. I repeat only this version will work for the trick. You will need to have ps2 BIOS available as well as setting the emulator to DX 9 not 11. 
2. Load up ninja ripper / texmod. Then load up the game and start it. It's a good idea to use a memory card with plenty of hard to find monsters in your deck screen. In order to rip the monsters you will need to go into model viewer in deck view by pressing (Triangle) when hovering over the corresponding monster you want to rip. 
3. Once in view make sure the emulator is in software mode not hardware (go into the emulator's video settings and change to DX 9 Software). To actually do the ripping press [shift and F8] simultaneously. After which the screen will freeze for a few seconds. Try and save the screen in the game so you can come back to rip the textures if there are any issues. After which change the video plugin to hardware since you will need to rip the textures. Click F11 (I'm using the ninjaripper method). After you have done so you can close the emulator, you are done with that.

Editing Textures
4. Now open Gimp or your photoshop program. Navigate over to your ninjaripper folder in your computer program files. Open it to the folder you ripped. Then open the textures one by one in gimp. Afterwards you will need to go to color mixer. It'll show in red mode, change red to 0 the change Blue to 100. Then change the mode to Blue, do the opposite changing the Blue from 100 to 0, and Red to 100. This will fix the discoloration of the texture. 
5. Right click on the image and go to transparency -> threshold. Then move slider to zero. You will need to do this to each texture however you will only need to open color mixer to have the colors fixed for each photo.
6. After you are satisfied with the texture export it to your preferable folder and choose the file format you prefer (jpeg, jpg, png, dds, etc.). 

Fixing Model
5. My method involves a mix of both 3d modeling programs. I first will boot up 3ds max (trial version of course), and go to my PCSX folder in documents making sure to import my obj model. After which it will look very messy. Delete the unwanted objects and focus on your monster. It will be pretty stretched out needing to be resized. Make sure to stretch him using the y resizer in the resizing triangle after selecting all parts of the model. After which I export the model to use in Blender. 
6. Opening Blender I import the model in the 3dsmax folder in documents. I then click [.] on my numberpad on my keyboard. This will navigate to where my model is. 
7. I then move down towards the model's feet and click two vertices on each foot trying to make a middle spot. Then I press [Shift and S] clicking move cursor to selected. 
8. Moving my mouse to the upper left corner of the screen I click [b] dragging the mouse over the model as I select everything. 
9. Clicking [t] I open toolbox on the left side of the screen [computer's right], scrolling down you will see a grey button called [origin]. Click it then choose [origin to 3d cursor].
10. Click [Alt and G] with everything selected. Then click [.] again. 
11. By doing this you move the model to the editing grid in Blender making modifying it much much easier than before. From here rotate and resize the model. 
12. The mesh will have many flipped over normals. Selecting one part of the model pull open the right menu where there is a small plus sign in the corner of the screen. Click [backface culling], this will show all the normals that need to be flipped. Most of the time you can click the object part in object mode, then go to edit and click [Ctrl and N] to flip the normals. This doesn't always completely work, if so you will need to manually flip over the messed up faces.
13. click part of the model, then pull open the lower screen. Navigating to the UV Map view. After which make sure your model is in edit mode with all faces highlighted.
14. Click on the lower screen, click [.]. This will navigate to the uvs of the model. Zoom out using your mouse and manually resize the uvs. Make sure to click [a] beforehand to select all of them. This process will take a little while and will require you to locate the uvs several times. After it is small enough you can change the vertex location by pulling open the uv screen from the right side and changing the x and y coordinates to [1, 1]. From there you will need to fit the uvs to the corresponding texture of the body part of the model that you are working with.
15. Apply the textures one by one making sure to save baking it for last. 
16. Fix the uvs, bake the model, then boom. You just ripped a model from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses.

Here's an example of some models I've done myself.
https://mega.nz/#!CX5gUKrR!1yXqtINswRtsF...SSrxpxYyPk
(Included are Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Mermaid, Toon Summoned Skull, Toon Alligator, Enchanting Mermaid, Rose Spectre of Dunn, and Parrot Dragon.)

They may not be perfect but hey this is a million times easier than remapping the uvs by hand. 

P.S. I added a normal text document of the codes to unlock a vast majority of cards in the game to help out.
https://mega.nz/#!TboElQQD!QPplJaXfDkOQp...KFWkVJonh8
Hello,
did you managed to extract others models?
I'm trying to extract, but i think i'm to dumb for this...
(07-04-2019, 08:12 PM)XendrickBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so to start out this is not a thread asking for how to rip from this game. Actually I have found out how to do this. What I hope to accomplish is share the knowledge that I had learned. 

Programs needed:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Ninja Ripper or Texmod
Blender and/or 3ds Max
Rom of the game
Gimp / Photoshop program

Ripping Models/Textures
1. First set up the specific version of the game emulator. I repeat only this version will work for the trick. You will need to have ps2 BIOS available as well as setting the emulator to DX 9 not 11. 
2. Load up ninja ripper / texmod. Then load up the game and start it. It's a good idea to use a memory card with plenty of hard to find monsters in your deck screen. In order to rip the monsters you will need to go into model viewer in deck view by pressing (Triangle) when hovering over the corresponding monster you want to rip. 
3. Once in view make sure the emulator is in software mode not hardware (go into the emulator's video settings and change to DX 9 Software). To actually do the ripping press [shift and F8] simultaneously. After which the screen will freeze for a few seconds. Try and save the screen in the game so you can come back to rip the textures if there are any issues. After which change the video plugin to hardware since you will need to rip the textures. Click F11 (I'm using the ninjaripper method). After you have done so you can close the emulator, you are done with that.

Editing Textures
4. Now open Gimp or your photoshop program. Navigate over to your ninjaripper folder in your computer program files. Open it to the folder you ripped. Then open the textures one by one in gimp. Afterwards you will need to go to color mixer. It'll show in red mode, change red to 0 the change Blue to 100. Then change the mode to Blue, do the opposite changing the Blue from 100 to 0, and Red to 100. This will fix the discoloration of the texture. 
5. Right click on the image and go to transparency -> threshold. Then move slider to zero. You will need to do this to each texture however you will only need to open color mixer to have the colors fixed for each photo.
6. After you are satisfied with the texture export it to your preferable folder and choose the file format you prefer (jpeg, jpg, png, dds, etc.). 

Fixing Model
5. My method involves a mix of both 3d modeling programs. I first will boot up 3ds max (trial version of course), and go to my PCSX folder in documents making sure to import my obj model. After which it will look very messy. Delete the unwanted objects and focus on your monster. It will be pretty stretched out needing to be resized. Make sure to stretch him using the y resizer in the resizing triangle after selecting all parts of the model. After which I export the model to use in Blender. 
6. Opening Blender I import the model in the 3dsmax folder in documents. I then click [.] on my numberpad on my keyboard. This will navigate to where my model is. 
7. I then move down towards the model's feet and click two vertices on each foot trying to make a middle spot. Then I press [Shift and S] clicking move cursor to selected. 
8. Moving my mouse to the upper left corner of the screen I click [b] dragging the mouse over the model as I select everything. 
9. Clicking [t] I open toolbox on the left side of the screen [computer's right], scrolling down you will see a grey button called [origin]. Click it then choose [origin to 3d cursor].
11. By doing this you move the model to the editing grid in Blender making modifying it much much easier than before. From here rotate and resize the model. 
12. The mesh will have many flipped over normals. Selecting one part of the model pull open the right menu where there is a small plus sign in the corner of the screen. Click [backface culling], this will show all the normals that need to be flipped. Most of the time you can click the object part in object mode, then go to edit and click [Ctrl and N] to flip the normals. This doesn't always completely work, if so you will need to manually flip over the messed up faces.
13. click part of the model, then pull open the lower screen. Navigating to the UV Map view. After which make sure your model is in edit mode with all faces highlighted.
14. Click on the lower screen, click [.]. This will navigate to the uvs of the model. Zoom out using your mouse and manually resize the uvs. Make sure to click [a] beforehand to select all of them. This process will take a little while and will require you to locate the uvs several times. After it is small enough you can change the vertex location by pulling open the uv screen from the right side and changing the x and y coordinates to [1, 1]. From there you will need to fit the uvs to the corresponding texture of the body part of the model that you are working with.
16. Fix the uvs, bake the model, then boom. You just ripped a model from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses.

(Included are Manga Ryu-Ran, Toon Mermaid, Toon Summoned Skull, Toon Alligator, Enchanting Mermaid, Rose Spectre of Dunn, and Parrot Dragon.)

They may not be perfect but hey this is a million times easier than remapping the uvs by hand. 

P.S. I added a normal text document of the codes to unlock a vast majority of cards in the game to help out.

THIS TUTORIAL IS JUST AMAZING.
It's absolutely everything i need to make my yu-gi-oh mixed reality game!
If it worked...
But i doesn't.
I just can't figure out how to use directX 9, once directx 11 is installed in my computer and theres no way to uninstall it or install previous versions while the 11 version is installed.
If you could pleeeease send me an e-mail so you could help me figure out what i'm doing wrong, it would be awesome!
(07-04-2019, 08:12 PM)XendrickBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so to start out this is not a thread asking for how to rip from this game. Actually I have found out how to do this. What I hope to accomplish is share the knowledge that I had learned. 

Programs needed:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Ninja Ripper or Texmod
Blender and/or 3ds Max
Rom of the game
Gimp / Photoshop program

Ripping Models/Textures

Editing Textures

Fixing Model

Thank you for the written tutorial, I just can't get passed the blender steps because I've never used any 3d modeling program before.
It would be great if someone could make a video tutorial fixing and texturing a model because extracting the models and fixing the textures is quite easy.
I intend to rip all the monsters from the game, if anyone wants to help send me a message.
(08-16-2021, 01:17 PM)eu. Wrote: [ -> ]

Programs needed:
PCSX2 0.9.8
Ninja Ripper or Texmod
Blender and/or 3ds Max
Rom of the game
Gimp / Photoshop program

Ripping Models/Textures

Editing Textures

Fixing Model

Thank you for the written tutorial, I just can't get passed the blender steps because I've never used any 3d modeling program before.
It would be great if someone could make a video tutorial fixing and texturing a model because extracting the models and fixing the textures is quite easy.
I intend to rip all the monsters from the game, if anyone wants to help send me a message.
i cant even get to that point my self but im familiar with blender and 3ds max and im trying to get access to the models as for fixing the models im unsure but if you need any help with getting the models into 3ds max or blender i can help but ill need help trying to get access to the models if you could send screenshots or a video tutorial how you got to where you are. is that possible?
(08-17-2021, 03:30 AM)ekaj02 Wrote: [ -> ]i cant even get to that point my self but im familiar with blender and 3ds max and im trying to get access to the models as for fixing the models im unsure but if you need any help with getting the models into 3ds max or blender i can help but ill need help trying to get access to the models if you could send screenshots or a video tutorial how you got to where you are. is that possible?

Sent you a pm with my discord contact.
I'm glad I found this thread hahaha. I recently got into ripping models from ps2 games, specifically yugioh games. I have a problem importing the models into blender when they're duelists of the roses rips but I've been able to get rips from capsule monster coliseum. Any idea why the DOR rips would seemingly import as invisible in blender?

EDIT: Oh snap, so I had to drag the model a different direction than capmon models. Do you have a recommended x,y,z amount to adjust the models to so they're not skewed and/or are adjusted properly every time?
(12-05-2021, 01:18 AM)ChrisHandsome Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I found this thread hahaha. I recently got into ripping models from ps2 games, specifically yugioh games. I have a problem importing the models into blender when they're duelists of the roses rips but I've been able to get rips from capsule monster coliseum. Any idea why the DOR rips would seemingly import as invisible in blender?

EDIT: Oh snap, so I had to drag the model a different direction than capmon models. Do you have a recommended x,y,z amount to adjust the models to so they're not skewed and/or are adjusted properly every time?

It's been a while since i've done it, but i'm still interested in getting models from the game. If you can't see the UV's they are super large, I could find a way to resize the to a smaller size on blender so I used 3Ds Max. Now i'm just kinda stuck in getting the textures to align perfectly with the UV's.
As for the model adjusting not really, I usually just stretch it until it looks good.