The VG Resource

Full Version: BotW CDecrypt issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to rip some armor files and BotW ripping tutorials are spotty to say the least. I have very little experience with Nintendo's file structures. So I got a copy of the game with all h3 and app files, ran CDecrypt, but in my content/models folder I only have tex1/tex2 sbfres files, which I'm assuming are textures. Where are the models themselves stored? I watched a tutorial on YouTube that implied they would be stored in the same content/models folder, but I don't see any of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You need to make sure you extract both the main game and the update files, as you need both to have a complete set of models and textures.
(06-19-2019, 04:11 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make sure you extract both the main game and the update files, as you need both to have a complete set of models and textures.

Thanks a bunch, it never even occured to me that the update files would contain the models. I just assumed the base game was the full base game and that the update file was nothing but a patch, but I guess when they say "update" it's more like the additional files that the game downloads on startup. Again I'm not super familiar with how Nintendo structures things, so I appreciate the help.
(06-20-2019, 01:29 AM)Milky Shakester Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a bunch, it never even occured to me that the update files would contain the models. I just assumed the base game was the full base game and that the update file was nothing but a patch, but I guess when they say "update" it's more like the additional files that the game downloads on startup. Again I'm not super familiar with how Nintendo structures things, so I appreciate the help.
Yeah, it's certainly an odd case that's for sure. I'm guessing it has to do with the way the game streams assets on the Wii U version (that is, it needs some on the hard drive from the update files), and I think this is the only game besides Xenoblade Chronicles X (to an extent) to do this sorta thing.