The VG Resource

Full Version: Help Ripping From 3D android Game? (Shining Nikki)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cute Hi! I'm new to the forums and I'm in need of some help...you see, I'm trying to rip stuff from an android game called "Shining Nikki"
I've extracted the XAPK and the OBB with a zip extractor, but when I open the assests folder with asset studio there are no models/meshes. I'm honestly puzzled that I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks  Heart Heart
(06-13-2019, 08:49 PM)Casstastrophe Wrote: [ -> ]Cute Hi! I'm new to the forums and I'm in need of some help...you see, I'm trying to rip stuff from an android game called "Shining Nikki"
I've extracted the XAPK and the OBB with a zip extractor, but when I open the assests folder with asset studio there are no models/meshes. I'm honestly puzzled that I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks  Heart Heart

Hello! I actually just started datamining the game myself yesterday, and I know exactly what you're referring to. See, the files contained in the assets folder are all Unity files, but if you open a file up in a hex editor (I use HxD, which is free), you'll see that there's some padding before the UnityFS header, which is making the file unreadable to AssetStudio. You'll have to delete that filler (so the file starts off with "UnityFS") and then load it into Asset Studio.

I see you're posting in the Modelling Resource's help topic, so you're looking for the 3D files? I can send you the readable files through PM to load into Asset Studio if you want. I'm ripping them myself, but I don't think I can get the rigging to transfer. And you'll have to manually apply all the textures because they're stored separately.

[Image: tumblr_pt9xlanb5P1rpbjwzo1_1280.png]
(06-18-2019, 11:57 PM)lapistier Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2019, 08:49 PM)Casstastrophe Wrote: [ -> ]Cute Hi! I'm new to the forums and I'm in need of some help...you see, I'm trying to rip stuff from an android game called "Shining Nikki"

Thanks  Heart Heart

Hello! I actually just started datamining the game myself yesterday, and I know exactly what you're referring to. See, the files contained in the assets folder are all Unity files, but if you open a file up in a hex editor (I use HxD, which is free), you'll see that there's some padding before the UnityFS header, which is making the file unreadable to AssetStudio. You'll have to delete that filler (so the file starts off with "UnityFS") and then load it into Asset Studio.

I see you're posting in the Modelling Resource's help topic, so you're looking for the 3D files? I can send you the readable files through PM to load into Asset Studio if you want. I'm ripping them myself, but I don't think I can get the rigging to transfer. And you'll have to manually apply all the textures because they're stored separately.

Hmmmmm...UnityFS is the first thing, I didn't see any padding before it? Unless you count the decoded text? [Image: qn7hqs.jpg]
(06-19-2019, 12:52 AM)Casstastrophe Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks  Heart Heart

Hmmmmm...UnityFS is the first thing, I didn't see any padding before it? Unless you count the decoded text? [Image: qn7hqs.jpg]
Nevermind! I figured it out Heart Thank you sooooo much!!!

Thanks  Heart Heart

Hello!i delete all the filler in assets folder so that files can start with 'UnityFS' but still cannot loaded by AssetStudio,if i did somthing wrong? 
Thank you very much. Cute

(07-02-2019, 09:27 PM)zhengkz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks  Heart Heart

Hello!i delete all the filler in assets folder so that files can start with 'UnityFS' but still cannot loaded by AssetStudio,if i did somthing wrong? 
Thank you very much. Cute
never mind,it's hex editor problem,thank you so much. Heart