The VG Resource

Full Version: Nintendo (NES) style Ghostrider and Eric Draven / The Crow Sprite Sheets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT

(see 2nd page)

Credits:

Retro Game Zone, Konami, Marvel, Badbatman3, and most of all, Spriter's Resource for the sprites used as bases. Couldn't have done it without them.
Just one fix on Ghost Rider, was told that NES sprites only use 3 colors. So I made the majortiy of the sprites 3 colors (not including the transparent white). The chains have a couple of more colors on them. Tried to add some flames to the wheels too. The circled sprite uses a slightly lighter shade of orange:

[Image: Ghost-Rider-NES-sprite-sheet.png]

Also, I took a shot at a NES Eric Draven. Thanks again to this site for the sprites used as bases:

[Image: the-crow-nes.png]
And here is The Crow / Eric Draven. Used the Batman sheet from this site as a base. Made 2 versions.

EDIT

added the wall jump sprites, lifebar, and fixed the burning bird animation:

[Image: the-crow-1st-sheet.png]
If anyone is interested in making a Castlevania or Batman NES hack, PM me. I can draw some boss characters and maybe some other screens.
Hehe

EDIT
got rid of the version with the hair, changed the icons next to the "start" option, edited the neck a little bit

[Image: the-crow-title-screen.png]

thank you to the cutting room floor for the Power Blade title screen
Took a shot at an ending screen... thanks to vgmuseum for the Batman ending sprites:

[Image: crow-ending-part1.png]
Another screen with the hair... can't decide which looks better. Also, started working on the ending, just need the final two screens with Shelly:

[Image: crow-update.png]
Made an attempt at Top Dollar, thank you Deathbringer for the Joker sprite rips:

[Image: top-dollar.png]

Also, took a shot at making the boss level for him... idk if I will edit it, I think it looks decent... supposed to be a roof top:

[Image: crow-roof-top.png]
That Crow mockup based on the NES Batman doesn't look half bad, the title screen art could use a bit more shading but overall it's not bad.
Cool man, glad you liked it. Touched up the title screen a little:

[Image: crow-title-screen.png]
Added a little more detail to the title screen.

Also, added Tin Tin, T Bird, Fun Boy and Skank, the gang from the movie.

[Image: crow-update.png]

I will finish their sprite sheets and add them soon. Special thanks to Vyck St Judas and Ragey for the Batman sprites.
Finished Tin Tin and T-Bird.  Tin Tin would be the Level 1 boss, T-Bird would be the one before the final boss.

[Image: tintin-tbird.png]

Modeled them after Electrocutioner (1:15) and Firebug (2:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTgHoODAKTI

Another way to do T-Bird would be to have a car, instead of a sprite of him, and have it try to run you over while you try to blow it up with grenades.
Alright big update, finished Fun Boy, made one final re-color to the title screen (made it 3 colors), made the colors on Top Dollar lighter, made the face and hands on Eric white, and made some boss levels by editing the Batman ones.

[Image: funboy.png]

Top to bottom:

Tin Tin level (based off of Electrocutioner)

Fun Boy Level (not sure which Batman Level it was)

Top Dollar Level (based off of the Joker level)

- The opening of the bricks in the Tin Tin level is at the same height as the rocks on the Electrocutioner level
- Edited the pillar on the Top Dollar Level
- Funboy's level is at Gideon's pawn shop (not sure if I want to add Gideon yet and it seemed like the best Batman level for Funboy)
- For the rest of the characters, I will probably just use the regular Batman levels, but maybe re-colored

[Image: crow-boss-levels.png]
Special thanks to Deathbringer for the Batman sprites. I just re-colored and edited them to make some villains for the game. Tried to keep it with a punk / goth theme, and inlcuded the Skull Cowboy as a villain. Also, looked to the first movie for ideas on appearances, as well as the comics. The walking skeleton was from the Freddy Kruger NES game:

EDIT

just one fix

[Image: the-crow-villains.png]
And here are the rest of the bosses. If I was making the game, I would put them in this order:

Level 1 - Tin Tin
Level 2 - Fun Boy
Level 3 - T Bird
Level 4 - Skank and Grange
Level 5 - Top Dollar

That way it would be in the order of the movie.

[Image: the-crow-bosses.png]
Pages: 1 2