The VG Resource

Full Version: Rydia!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I made Rydia in FFTA2 style. There are two versions: the old-fashioned short-haired Rydia, and the new long-haired Rydia. I didn't like the sprites that much, specially the long-haired ones, but I LOVED the portrait, specially the long-haired one. xD
[Image: rydiawippp.png]
It's still to be finished, so, C+C?
Looks pretty nice so far.
Though something bugs my about her neck (portrait). It sooo straight.
maybe it's the style. It looks cool. I think you could shade her forehead, though.
[Image: rydiawippp-1.png]
Any better?
Not too bad. :>
If you don't mind me asking, where are you finding FFTA2 sprites? Is there a ripping project going on that I haven't noticed? I've been interested in trying out the style.
It bugs me that her hair isn't casting a shadow on her face :<

Edit:
Oh wait

Well it needs a hella more contrast then.
(01-04-2009, 12:32 AM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]Not too bad. :>
If you don't mind me asking, where are you finding FFTA2 sprites? Is there a ripping project going on that I haven't noticed? I've been interested in trying out the style.

He's ripping. Or trying.

Well, you know which is the best portrait IMHO. However, besides more contrast it could also use some extra work on her cape, it's just too...Flat.
(01-04-2009, 12:32 AM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]Not too bad. :>

I ripped them myself. I started a project, but almost nobody was interested, so...
Looking good so far, though I agree with the neck comment. Any plans for other FF characters?
I wanted to do Terra or Celes, but I'm gonna finish Rydia first =P

edit: or Agrias, but I'd need to rip the Spellblade, and I haven't even finished the Fencer, which is who I used to make Rydia.
Her hairline recedes too far back on her head. I don't think her forehead should appear as long as her face. Her head also looks too big, but that may just be because she's got it tilted downward. If you take her upper hair and move the whole lot of it down closer to her face, it should fix the problem.
(This is regarding the portrait, obviously)'

It does look excellent, though!
[Image: ryd.png]

Like this? Also, attack poses added.
Portrait: The arm and shoulder on the right have no inner AA, and this is made striking by the smoothness of the inner detail. There is no AA on the right side of the left breast and neither on her dress. There seems to be a patch on the right cheek, under the blush.
Apart from that, everything's good! Can't wait to see the rest!
AA? What's that?
Ah, sorry ^^'
AA: Anti-Aliasing
Sorry for taking that for granted x)
Pages: 1 2 3