The VG Resource

Full Version: The C2B thread: WIPs, PA, Sprites, Etc...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm Chris2Balls (C2B). I was on TSR previously but I've changed email adress so here I am again. As you can see from my sig I'm an amateur artist, pixel artist and spriter. I'll be here to help people for C+C and posting my work.
Anyway... Here is an enemy from Half-Life 2 Episode One called Zombine, which is a cross between a law enforcer and a zombie (a consequence of the head crab x)). I've been working on it and the light source is the grenade he's holding in his left hand. I'd like to know if the style of shading on the body armour is alright or if I could opt for something else. Thanks! Any C+C is very welcome Smile
[Image: hlzombineqe9.png]

Refs:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4001/...eavzn1.png
[Image: zombinedr4.jpg]

Oh, and if you want to see other stuff, if it's just for the sake of seeing it or C+Cing it do say so.
I will post some more stuff or create a thread per WIP, because I'm seeing this thread dying very quickly =|
I think it's good, but add a bit more red into the sprite, like the reference you're using.
Well, I tried applying blood to the body armour at the same time as I was shading it and it messed up. Once I've fixed the shading+style of shading I'll start putting some random blood splats =P
And how about the shading for the armour? Is it right? Or... wait, I'll try and post a quick edit.
Thanks for reminding me about the blood though Smile
There you go: [Image: hlzombinebo3.png]
What do you think?
I think it should be colored light blue, like the ref. But if you're leaving it that way, change the background color. It's hard to see it in black.

If the armor is made of something smooth (metal, for example), you need to drop the dithering (unless it's made of rough metal) and increase contrast. But if it's made with fabric, then it's good. Just make the shades a bit more visible. Put a bit of orange on the armor highlight, since the light isn't white.
Oh, what I meant by body armour is fabric, like kevlar or a coarse material. Not your good old knight armour Wink
Since it's a fabric there's quite low contrast, I'll try the orange highlight. Ah, it doesn't work, for two reasons: the light source is white plus it mixes badly with the other colours Sad
I've also changed the Bg colour. Might need to change it again due to its similarity to a colour I've already got.
[Image: hlzombinepb9.png]