The VG Resource

Full Version: sounds in unknown pack format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip sound clips from this game called Kurohyou Ryu Ga Gotoku Shinshou. I used PS sound while it's able to detect SOME battle voice clips, it didn't rip the majority of it. I tried unpacking the sound cpk and it seemed certain groups of sounds are packed in this unknown format.
[Image: 7e0517ab7b32ad7c61b3a8c9876400e1.png]
I tried putting some of them in PS sound (which helped me with certain games in the past) and it didn't show.
I looked inside via a hex editor for one file for curiosity's sake and I see a bunch of individual names.
[Image: 68ea77117e83f71446ea3eec36531fb1.png]
[Image: a0ad1388747db848da9549cc7ab5c1b3.png]
unfortunately, I'm not too knowledgeable with this so I thought I'd ask.
If you don't provide sample files, we are unable to help you. Upload some sample archives!
(02-07-2019, 01:56 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't provide sample files, we are unable to help you. Upload some sample archives!
I could've sworn I put up an attachment file. Turns out I forgot about "Add Attachment." Here it is
Download vgmstream:
vgmstream
Make sure you get "test.zip"

Unzip this file and drop it into the root folder of vgmstream (where "test.exe" is located):
[attachment=9290]

Finally extract the provided samples using this QuickBMS script. Copy and paste this code into a txt file and run it with QuickBMS. (QuickBMS can be found here):
Code:
idstring "SGXD"
get NULL long
get OFFSET long
get NULL long #timestamp?
idstring "WAVE"
get NULL longlong
get ENTRIES long
get ZERO long

for i = 0 < ENTRIES
    get FNOFF long
    savepos CUR_OFF
    goto FNOFF
    get NAME string
    goto CUR_OFF
    get NULL long
    get FREQUENCY long
    goto 0x1c 0 SEEK_CUR #skip
    get SIZE long
    goto 0xC 0 SEEK_CUR #another skip
    string NAME += ".dat"
    log MEMORY_FILE 0 4
    putvarchr MEMORY_FILE 0 FREQUENCY long
    log MEMORY_FILE2 0 4 MEMORY_FILE
    append
    log MEMORY_FILE2 OFFSET SIZE
    append
    get FSZ asize MEMORY_FILE2
    log NAME 0 FSZ MEMORY_FILE2
math OFFSET + SIZE
next i

Once you finish that, you should be able to drag the .dats onto "test.exe" in the vgmstream folder, and they will convert to wav.
(02-10-2019, 06:32 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Download vgmstream:
vgmstream
Make sure you get "test.zip"

Unzip this file and drop it into the root folder of vgmstream (where "test.exe" is located):

Finally extract the provided samples using this QuickBMS script. Copy and paste this code into a txt file and run it with QuickBMS. (QuickBMS can be found here):
Code:
idstring "SGXD"
get NULL long
get OFFSET long
get NULL long #timestamp?
idstring "WAVE"
get NULL longlong
get ENTRIES long
get ZERO long

for i = 0 < ENTRIES
    get FNOFF long
    savepos CUR_OFF
    goto FNOFF
    get NAME string
    goto CUR_OFF
    get NULL long
    get FREQUENCY long
    goto 0x1c 0 SEEK_CUR #skip
    get SIZE long
    goto 0xC 0 SEEK_CUR #another skip
    string NAME += ".dat"
    log MEMORY_FILE 0 4
    putvarchr MEMORY_FILE 0 FREQUENCY long
    log MEMORY_FILE2 0 4 MEMORY_FILE
    append
    log MEMORY_FILE2 OFFSET SIZE
    append
    get FSZ asize MEMORY_FILE2
    log NAME 0 FSZ MEMORY_FILE2
math OFFSET + SIZE
next i

Once you finish that, you should be able to drag the .dats onto "test.exe" in the vgmstream folder, and they will convert to wav.

While I was able to convert them to .wav files, another problem arose. The sounds themselves just broken garbled messes.