The VG Resource

Full Version: A VisDev Artist who wants to make Games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Really hoping I can meet some people on here. DeviantArt makes it a bit difficult to communicate with others.  If anyone can refer me to a good place for sharing and talking about art, that would be great.  You can find me on Instagram @Madrinedaaa (if you're interested).

Feel free to share your art and comments/critiques on my stuff if you feel inclined to do so.  I'd never been much of a forum person, so this is a new experience for me.

I really want to get into making games, concept art/pixel art/animation/character design/etc. but I don't have much experience or knowledge, so if you've been on VG for a while, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I do have a decent amount of artistic experience though, having been a VisDev and Animation student for a while, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means.  That being said, I don't have a clue how to get in touch with other people who would like to work with me, so I'm just making myself known.

I'm heavily inspired by Final Fantasy and Studio Trigger art styles, though I don't know if it shows in the stuff I make.  I'm still working on that, but hopefully I can improve in time.  I'll go ahead an post some stuff I've done.

[attachment=9231][attachment=9228][attachment=9229][attachment=9230][attachment=9232][attachment=9233][attachment=9234][attachment=9237][attachment=9235][attachment=9236]

So with that out of the way, thanks for having me!
Hi, welcome from a fellow person who loves to create!! Big Grin
(01-26-2019, 10:08 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, welcome from a fellow person who loves to create!! Big Grin

Thanks. Nice to be here.
*looks at your drawings*

Man am I the only one who draws like shit??

Oh well, I've got 3D ^^

Any games you've worked on, or is it just your aspiration? Smile
(01-27-2019, 08:01 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]*looks at your drawings*

Man am I the only one who draws like shit??

Oh well, I've got 3D ^^

Any games you've worked on, or is it just your aspiration? Smile

I've done a few personal projects, but none of them will see the light of day.  I use RPGMaker since I don't know any coding.  Was planning on making some sprite animation for practice, just to get back into that space, but so far that hasn't happened.

And well, about drawing, it's not like being good directly correlates with making good games haha.

How about you?
Well none of my stuff has seen the light of day either. I used to plan a ton of fangames in RPG maker as well, but I will eventually re-skin and / or redesign them with my own IPs and ideas.

Now I use Unity, and and I'm only making ONE fan game: Super Smash Bros. Feud. A 3D Smash game lol. Think the ambition of Crusade and Flash 2 but with 3D models. lol It has a thread in Game Development Smile
(01-29-2019, 01:04 AM)CorruptTurret Wrote: [ -> ]1. Hi there~
2. Oh my god, your artfulness is off the charts
3. Look into Unity (a ****load of artist experience enhancing features now)
4. Welcome!!!

Thanks! I'll check Unity out again (if my poor computer can handle it).

(01-28-2019, 11:00 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Well none of my stuff has seen the light of day either. I used to plan a ton of fangames in RPG maker as well, but I will eventually re-skin and / or redesign them with my own IPs and ideas.

Now I use Unity, and and I'm only making ONE fan game: Super Smash Bros. Feud. A 3D Smash game lol. Think the ambition of Crusade and Flash 2 but with 3D models. lol It has a thread in Game Development Smile

Sounds interesting.  I'll be sure to check it out.
I understand you got a 100day challenge thing? I should check that out! Genki ^_^