The VG Resource

Full Version: Battletoads ripping project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In anticipation for the upcoming new Battletoads game I've decided to take a look at the Battletoads rips on the site and... Well, quite a bit of stuff is really old and needs work, so I've decided to rectify that.

I'm gonna start with the original game: https://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/battletoads/. Quite a lot of enemies are missing, so i'm doing a general enemies sheet to replace what's currently on the site. If I'm on the mood I'll probably revise some of the other games as well. If anyone wants to join that would be cool as well!
This sounds like a great project idea. How many BT games are there?
There are five games in total, though they have several ports:

* Battletoads (NES, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Gear and Amiga)
* Battletoads (Game Boy) (different game from the first)
* Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (SNES and Master System)
* Battletoads and Double Dragon (NES, Mega Drive and SNES)
* Battletoads Arcade
I think the arcade game is going to the the hardest to rip because MAME's tile viewer refuses to open on the game.
Wish there was another way to rip them. (Current rips are missing sprites and some are actually taken from that fangame made in the Beats of Rage engine)
Seems like an interesting project, though at the moment I'm stuck on some other projects (including a few other sheets)
but if I decide to take the plunge and contribute a thing or two, I'll let ya all know.
First updated sheet:

Boss Walker
Boss Walker

(01-15-2019, 02:47 PM)Dolphman Wrote: [ -> ]I think the arcade game is going to the the hardest to rip because MAME's tile viewer refuses to open on the game.
Wish there was another way to rip them. (Current rips are missing sprites and some are actually taken from that fangame made in the Beats of Rage engine)

Yeah, I'll be skipping the Arcade game unless a proper method to rip it's sprites can be found. Technically I could rip them only with screenshots (I did got some frames for the Battletoads Wiki), but that would be too much trouble considering the amount of animation in the game.

EDIT: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mame-...387.0.html

If anyone wants to try their luck, tell me if it works.
Bosses
Bosses
Buzzball
Buzzball
Enemies
Enemies
Objects
Objects

These sheets replace all other sheets in the "Enemies & Bosses" section.
Check it out. Make sure I didn't screw the whole section up.
(01-15-2019, 08:19 AM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: [ -> ]In anticipation for the upcoming new Battletoads game I've decided to take a look at the Battletoads rips on the site and... Well, quite a bit of stuff is really old and needs work, so I've decided to rectify that.

I'm gonna start with the original game: https://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/battletoads/. Quite a lot of enemies are missing, so i'm doing a general enemies sheet to replace what's currently on the site. If I'm on the mood I'll probably revise some of the other games as well. If anyone wants to join that would be cool as well!
Is there anything small that needs to be ripped? I'd love to help!
You could check out the Game Boy game if you'd like, it's missing at least two bosses (Rodent Rocket and Robo Manus) as well as a few enemies.
Pimple
Pimple

Now's the perfect excuse to redo the Sega Master System version of Battlemaniacs. While it's impressive how much stuff they were able to port from the SNES version, it was still apparently a beta build of the game when it had to be released out into stores and that's why there's a few glitches here and there.

Also fun fact: This version is the first game to reference the first Street Fighter game and not anything from 2.
[Image: Battlemaniacs_Brazil-48.png]
Stage 2 Enemies
Stage 2 Enemies

@Ton This sheet replaces the Magnet rat, retro Blaster and Snake sheets (heck, all of them were missing stuff and had the wrong names).
There's a mistake on the snake's hurt sprite. (Black is missing and now transparent)
(01-19-2019, 09:32 AM)Dolphman Wrote: [ -> ]There's a mistake on the snake's hurt sprite. (Black is missing and now transparent)

It's actually like that in the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4