The VG Resource

Full Version: Help writing a Blender script for importing BRRES files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to write a script for importing .brres files into Blender. Blender uses Python scripts, so I really need one's help. I found some scripts online, but they did not work. I need help. I use Blender 2.78, so any help would be appreciated. I am doing this so that I can import .brres files into Blender and export their models.
Bump. Listen, I don't want to post too much. help...
Bump. I am a very bad scripter, and I script things horribly, and I can't get the files to import.

I am starting to feel like no one believes in me.
The reason no one is responding is because the thread doesn't have much info for us: What game are they from? What errors are you getting from the original importers? Also, if you aren't fully versed in model formats, I'd recommend having someone else take care of it, because it's challenging to write a full importer. Also, don't give up. Usually, if there's a will, there's a way.

Also, this would yield better results in the Model Ripping Help sub-forum.
I gotchu. Moved to Model Ripping Help.
(01-01-2019, 02:19 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]The reason no one is responding is because the thread doesn't have much info for us: What game are they from? What errors are you getting from the original importers? Also, if you aren't fully versed in model formats, I'd recommend having someone else take care of it, because it's challenging to write a full importer. Also, don't give up. Usually, if there's a will, there's a way.

Also, this would yield better results in the Model Ripping Help sub-forum.

The BRRES files are from Mario Party 9.
brres files have MDL0 in them, so you can just use brawlbox to open the brres files, and export them as DAE with the tool, and bam, ur set, and import it into blender.

no need to have a blender script made mate.
(01-01-2019, 09:56 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]brres files have MDL0 in them, so you can just use brawlbox to open the brres files, and export them as DAE with the tool, and bam, ur set, and import it into blender.

no need to have a blender script made mate.

Freakin' normies! REEEEEEEEE!
(01-01-2019, 07:25 AM)ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to write a script for importing .brres files into Blender. Blender uses Python scripts, so I really need one's help. I found some scripts online, but they did not work. I need help. I use Blender 2.78, so any help would be appreciated. I am doing this so that I can import .brres files into Blender and export their models.

Bump. Listen, I don't want to post too much. help...

Bump. I am a very bad scripter, and I script things horribly, and I can't get the files to import.

I am starting to feel like no one believes in me.

I believe in you
Smile