The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping from Unity Game and exporting scene meshes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm delving head first into the world of ripping by tackling a Unity Game (Revolt 3 to be more precise) and so far I've had moderate success in exporting some race tracks into .obj format and opening them on Blender. Main goal is to eventually port them to another game.

Since Im a complete beginner on this I'll try to explain everything as good as possible, so bear with me here. Wink

So, models I've managed to rip so far using a sequence of UABE, Unity Studio along with uTiny Ripper include a set of "Combined Mesh(root_scene).obj" files. These .obj files provide the basis of each track/level and have only a handful of models placed in them. On the other hand, I'm also able to get a set of individual, loose models of what I assume are objects placed around the track, which are rendered in their place only when the game runs.

I cant combine these to get an overall view of how everything fell into place in game, but I can however preview the entire mounted scene by using Unity. My problem right now is that I have no clue how to export the entire mesh it and keep everything in place...

This is how the scene looks by the way:

[Image: VmHJUbb.png]

I just want to rip this specific mesh,and not everything associted with it (like effects, materials and all that stuff).

Any help is much appreciated! Wink
You'll want to use Asset Studio, a frequently updated version of Unity Studio, to perform your task. Find it here: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio
(12-13-2018, 04:29 PM)The Prawn Wrote: [ -> ]You'll want to use Asset Studio, a frequently updated version of Unity Studio, to perform your task. Find it here: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio

Thanks for the help mate, that (partially) did the trick! It definitely worked a lot better than whatever I had tried so far. Now I can see where most things fell into place. Smile

However, I noticed some things are missing from the original scene. I'll give you two examples I noticed - those two robots and the spacesuits neatly displayed on one of the rooms.

This is what I see when I open the .fbx file blender however:

Just one  bot:

Just one spacesuit:

Thanks in advance for the help! Wink
is there any news, the game's servers shut down in june 20th 2017, so i doubt someone still has the game archived with this track