The VG Resource

Full Version: Extracting .bin files from Mario Party 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! If you saw my other post involving extracting .bin files, that was for Mario Party 10. In this thread, I want to extract .bin files from Mario Party 7 (and the other Hudson Soft Mario Party games). I had no idea how to do this, because unlike the .bin files in MP10, the .bin files in MP7 are not PAC files. I could not even find out what those MP7 .bin files were, as I only got this from a hex editor:

..c[Q.>..Gb.HL..
.#1}.N....t.HLoV
.[.j..N...._#U.v
.....\..=...o..v
.c.I.6m.:m..O.:_
.....o:'.+.V%.IX
O....1.M.......v
g.....z..(].H.U$
.*.K......D..DbA
.J..j.ud.v.....2
.v.-.....K.,A...
....*{Ve...Y.=..
g=....y...6.7..e
..?O..Z7.(5.R.H.
F.4...4..i$M#i.I
.H.F.4JM..4JM#a.
.S...KK.....[..e
..o\.[^._YR.{.z.
....q...P.......

Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Here is a file...
Hi again ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7!

Found this old ZenHax thread, where aluigi says the Mario Party 6 .bin extractor also works for Mario Party 7 files.
Tested it out on your file, and it extracted just fine. But the thing is, as mentioned in the ZenHax post, it extracts a .hsf file with a "HSFV037" header, which you can't really find any info on anywhere. But, there are some human-readable lines at the bottom of the file which indicate structures of a model or something of the likes that may help in deconstructing said file.

Hope this helps, cheers!