The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping entire Wind Waker island scenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, 

So awhile back I decided to learn UE4 a bit by making a custom map for Pavlov VR (basicaly CSGO but in VR). I found the modelers resource and naturally wanted to do something zelda-y since someone else made a really cool clock town map already. So I found the Outset Island file from WW and made it into a playable map.

Now that map is bare bones, it only had the island itself. No trees, grass, boats etc. After getting more comfortable by doing several Banjo Kazooie maps in Pavlov I decided to go back and try to improve the map by ripping the files myself. I had seen a TF2 map where someone successfully ripped everything so I figured it should be too hard.

I figured out the extracting directly from dolphin via bmdviewer2. However I assume thats how the og uploader did it as it comes out barebones with just the island alone. I fouind some of the random doodads like a tree, or the post box, but then I would have to comb through everything manually and also place it all manually.

So I looked further into it and found 3DXripper and ninja ripper.

With 3DXripper it came out somewhat right, you can see here it came out with the full scene albiet flipped and skewed with no textures. I figured out flipping it and I have the textures I assume I can just add them in at somepoint either in blender or ue4 later. But Idk what to do about the skew, everything online points to using 3dsmax and changing the FOV or something but idk if there's something I can do to achieve the same effect in blender since im poor Cry

With ninja ripper I know its possible to do because I saw a steam VR home (basically an VR  environment) of Outset Island with all the stuff in it, and the guy wrote he used ninja ripper to export to blender before sending it to hammer tool. However when I use it I get a jumbled mess of stuff. 
For instance you can see here that it's all separated, like the land and walls and stuff. Maybe I could just move it? But the worse part can be seen here where it appears that every smaller model is all bunched up right at the origin point. I feel like there's a better way then manually moving thousands of peices. Maybe I'm not exporting it right?

I'm just stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You all are great and I've learned so much from just lurking the forums here.
Thanks in advance