The VG Resource

Full Version: Assistance Ripping Super Bomberman R character models (PC/Steam Port)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm relatively new to ripping and the like, but I have used Unity more than plenty in the past, so I figured I could get a hang of model ripping for the most part. I have the PC/Steam port of Super Bomberman R, and would like to rip the five dastardly bombers' models for rigging. The specific character I want already has been ripped to the Models Resource, but that's the Switch port, and it mucks up bones a bit.
Could I get any help?
Hi peppymintpatty!

Seeing that Super Bomberman R is built on the Unity engine, it should be extractable using a tool called AssetStudio.
Just grab the one of the latest releases and open up the application, then go up to the top menu bar and go to File > Load Folder.
From there, navigate to the Super Bomberman R data folder (most likely something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Super Bomberman R) and select the folder.
Then, click OK and let the program load everything into memory.
Once done loading in all of the assets, you can navigate to the Asset List tab and look through what's there.
I'd recommend sorting by Type by clicking on the little category at the top, and scroll down to the "Mesh" group of files.
You can preview the models there, and then you can select the ones you want ([Shift] + [Left Click] OR [Ctrl] + [Left Click]) and export them by right clicking on them.
Voila, you've got the models!
You'll have to also go back and export the textures, which are classified as "Texture2D" files in the Asset List (I'm not sure if the names will correspond with the models, but if not I'd export most of them and sift through to see what if you can find them. All of the textures are previewable in the program though, so you can click on them to make sure they're what you need.)

Hope this helps, cheers!
(11-26-2018, 05:19 PM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi peppymintpatty!

Seeing that Super Bomberman R is built on the Unity engine, it should be extractable using a tool called AssetStudio.
Just grab the one of the latest releases and open up the application, then go up to the top menu bar and go to File > Load Folder.
From there, navigate to the Super Bomberman R data folder (most likely something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Super Bomberman R) and select the folder.
Then, click OK and let the program load everything into memory.
Once done loading in all of the assets, you can navigate to the Asset List tab and look through what's there.
I'd recommend sorting by Type by clicking on the little category at the top, and scroll down to the "Mesh" group of files.
You can preview the models there, and then you can select the ones you want ([Shift] + [Left Click] OR [Ctrl] + [Left Click]) and export them by right clicking on them.
Voila, you've got the models!
You'll have to also go back and export the textures, which are classified as "Texture2D" files in the Asset List (I'm not sure if the names will correspond with the models, but if not I'd export most of them and sift through to see what if you can find them. All of the textures are previewable in the program though, so you can click on them to make sure they're what you need.)

Hope this helps, cheers!

So, the tool is very useful, and has just about everything aside from the stage pieces and models. I don't know why, but even when I find the folder they're most likely in, I just can't get them out. Such as this folder- 
[Image: hyx37mi.png]
This is inside of SuperBombermanR_Data > StreamingAssets > InAppAssets > steam. All of the files in it are simply just "file" type, and I get nothing when searching these folders. Any idea what could be the issue, or how to fix it?
[Image: 1JRrT10.png]
Could you send in a few of the files so I can take a look at them? They're most likely some sort of archive without an extension.
(11-26-2018, 08:51 PM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]Could you send in a few of the files so I can take a look at them? They're most likely some sort of archive without an extension.

Yeah, sure. Got the folder zipped here- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aMKHEz...s_XC4cEUMt
Hmm, I took a look at the files and couldn't figure out any way to extract them; The files don't have any sort of distinct header and don't contain any human-readable sections either...
(11-26-2018, 09:38 PM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I took a look at the files and couldn't figure out any way to extract them; The files don't have any sort of distinct header and don't contain any human-readable sections either...

Well dang. What would you suggest me to do in this situation?
At this point, I think it comes down to patience, and just waiting for someone knowledgeable enough to help you crack it, but I would look around some other communities like GBATemp or Zenhax as well to see if anyone there can help you out. Sorry again I couldn't help you with those files fella...
(11-26-2018, 10:44 PM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, I think it comes down to patience, and just waiting for someone knowledgeable enough to help you crack it, but I would look around some other communities like GBATemp or Zenhax as well to see if anyone there can help you out. Sorry again I couldn't help you with those files fella...

That's alright, I know this can be complicated stuff. Thanks for the referral, anyways, and I'll be keeping the tool for other stuff!