The VG Resource

Full Version: Help me to ripping Rules of survival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

help me. i want to rip models from rules of survival but i trying to search many forum, it's not working.

i try to use ninja ripper, it's not working.

someone help me pls.

thank you.

ps. sorry my bad english.
What version of the game are you trying to rip from?
(11-18-2018, 10:54 AM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]What version of the game are you trying to rip from?

lastest version on pc and mobile.
I don't happen to have the PC game files, so I'll be using the Rules of Survival Android release (latest, of course).

Alright, here we go:

First, I grabbed the .apk file and .obb file from one of my devices and extracted both using 7-Zip. Taking a quick look at the extracted .apk, it seems like there's not much of interest.
So, we'll move onto the extracted .obb file.
Immediately you'll notice some larger files with .npk extensions. Looking at them in a hex editor (I use HxD), we can also see that they have a "NXPK" header.
A quick Google search turns up a QuickBMS script by aluigi (found here) which can extract from these files.
So, I went ahead and extracted "character.npk" with the script and looked at what files I had now.
Most seem to have a .dat extension, but looking at them in the hex editor again we can see some use a "KTX 11" header, while others use an unreadable header (which I assumed to be models, and was correct).
I did a little bit more digging and found a model viewer and exporter for those strangely-headed files called RMA Viewer, and was able to extract the KTX .dat files with Mali Texture Compression Tool (I had to rename the KTX .dat files to have a .ktx extension for the Mali tool to recognize them).

From there, you can assemble your textured models and there you go!

Hope this helps, cheers!
(11-22-2018, 11:12 AM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]I don't happen to have the PC game files, so I'll be using the Rules of Survival Android release (latest, of course).

Alright, here we go:

First, I grabbed the .apk file and .obb file from one of my devices and extracted both using 7-Zip. Taking a quick look at the extracted .apk, it seems like there's not much of interest.
So, we'll move onto the extracted .obb file.
Immediately you'll notice some larger files with .npk extensions. Looking at them in a hex editor (I use HxD), we can also see that they have a "NXPK" header.
A quick Google search turns up a QuickBMS script by aluigi (found here) which can extract from these files.
So, I went ahead and extracted "character.npk" with the script and looked at what files I had now.
Most seem to have a .dat extension, but looking at them in the hex editor again we can see some use a "KTX 11" header, while others use an unreadable header (which I assumed to be models, and was correct).
I did a little bit more digging and found a model viewer and exporter for those strangely-headed files called RMA Viewer, and was able to extract the KTX .dat files with Mali Texture Compression Tool (I had to rename the KTX .dat files to have a .ktx extension for the Mali tool to recognize them).

From there, you can assemble your textured models and there you go!

Hope this helps, cheers!
 I do follow your advice but i don't find texture. I have read in RMA_Viewer thread. I do follow that thread. I not working.

I see someone user Texture Finder but I try to search links and i don't found it.

I found models but i don't found textures.
Well, the textures are going to be in files with a header "KTX 11" (meaning at the very beginning of the file). So, you have to have a hex editor to distinguish between the model files and textures, as both are stored as .dat files. Also, RMA Viewer is used for extracting models, not textures, so where is your trouble there?
(11-28-2018, 06:31 AM)Resistiv Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the textures are going to be in files with a header "KTX 11" (meaning at the very beginning of the file). So, you have to have a hex editor to distinguish between the model files and textures, as both are stored as .dat files. Also, RMA Viewer is used for extracting models, not textures, so where is your trouble there?

Thank you for helping. I can do it !!!!