The VG Resource

Full Version: Concerns about submitting Budokai Game Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, this is BigBellies here.

I want to say sorry if I wasn't on these past few weeks. Been busy with college and Pokemon Go. However, I want to talk to everyone about some concerns about some Dragon Ball Z Budokai game models I managed to extract.

Some character skin textures are all white with no color, such as Majin Buu's skin for his body. Not just that but all the other characters' textures, except for Krillin all have white skin textures, and some parts of the model aren't imported, like Mr. Buu's cape. But I may have extruded Majin Buu's cape so it could be included.

Should I submit my models still or no?
Hello? Anybody home?
If nobody is responding then it's likely they simply don't know what to answer with.
No need to be an impatient child about it.
Sounds like you're trying to say, is that the models come out looking like this:

[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Piccolo_Post_Boy_LRG.png]
[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Trunks_Future_LRG.png]
[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Trunks_Future_Super_Saiyan_LRG.png]

That's normal, just means the game uses in game shaders to colour the models. It shouldn't be a problem. Without examples, I'm just guessing though. This Mass Effect 3 model uses a ColorMap for the hair: I can't comment on manual alterations though.

https://www.models-resource.com/xbox_360...del/13952/
(11-24-2018, 05:54 AM)clitSTIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're trying to say, is that the models come out looking like this:

[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Piccolo_Post_Boy_LRG.png]
[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Trunks_Future_LRG.png]
[Image: DB-SW_AND_HERO_Trunks_Future_Super_Saiyan_LRG.png]

That's normal, just means the game uses in game shaders to colour the models. It shouldn't be a problem. Without examples, I'm just guessing though. This Mass Effect 3 model uses a ColorMap for the hair: I can't comment on manual alterations though.

https://www.models-resource.com/xbox_360...del/13952/

I don't remember Piccolo having an alternate costume with a cap on during Budokai 3.

But how am I supposed to get the skin shaders for the models? I'm currently using Autodesk Maya to get those shaders myself.
Guys, I think I found the skin shaders within the models' AMT files. They're just colored blue. But if we use either Microsoft Paint or Photoshop to invert the colors, we should be able to get the model skin tone we require.

I tested this when I got Mr. Buu (the Fat Buu)'s skin tone first, and then with Gotenks (Basic Form).
Just post, I think that they just don't read the textures well in the program you are using. If you get problems from posters, you can always take them down and tinker.