The VG Resource

Full Version: Alien sprites WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i started ripping these and it's turned out very nice (its my first). Unfortunatly there's about 4 different colors of this same type of alien in the game and this one is only used in the very short first level, which i didn't realize until it was too late.

So it's not complete as in the first level i guess theyre programmed to be easier because i haven't seen one tail stab (which they do later on, but not this color) and the only time ive been able to take a pic or it jumping, the tail is offscreen so i can only catch it while it's landing.

Maybe there's more I'm missing, but no more that I'm aware of. If you know some sprites I'm missing, please tell me!

[Image: alienspritesheet2vt6.th.png]

Also is there anything annoying or could be done better on my sheet? I don't know what everyone prefers, like the dividing lines that I like or not. Any advice for future rips would be greatly appreciated!
They've been shrunk down. Try uploading them at http://www.imageshack.us/ instead.
Thanks I changed it. It's even smaller now but if you click on it it works. Is that what you meant? Or is there a way to post the whole picture right here?
oh well, problem solved
That's all that was necessary. As long as the sprite sheet can be viewed without being shrunk down, it's fine. :>
Nice rips too, by the way.
Great rips! About the out-of-reach sprites, try using a ripping program to get them (YY-CHR, for example. It's hard, but it might work). Also, for the other palettes, just rip one sprite from each variation (or get the palette with YY-CHR; palettes are easy to get) and you're done.

Happy new year, by the way! Cute
According to the readme file YY-CHR doesnt work with cps2 games, which this one is. I don't know anything about the palette thing though. I mean I know it's the colors used in different sprites but idk what program to use or how to change them without manually changing each individual sprite, which i refuse to do.
CPS2...? So you're using MAME, right? MAME has a built-in tile viewer, use that to get these sprites.

Also, no, you don't need to recolor everything. Just rip ONE pose from each variation and paste it into the sheet.
ok ok, so i found a quicker way to get the sprites which is by opening the sprite file for the alien character used in Mugen (.sff file). Buuuuut they dont have my color either and im finding complications. I used Fighter Factory to extract the sprites but i can only save them as pcx or sff. Also i managed to save the pallete for the color i want, but i used Grahics Gale which saves teh pallete as a .pal file while FF can only open .act files.

what am i to do?
if you can at least view them in the screen somehow, hit PRNTSCRN and paste it in MS Paint.