The VG Resource

Full Version: game content amount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you plan game content variation relative to game duration?

like say over 100 hour of gameplay, so how much characters and area,
with regards to story flow, elements and so on?

regards.

like number of characters, type of weapons, type of armors, builds and etcs,
what's the math?

i have the duration planned and the general system using basic physics, but it seems like variation is infinite
unless somehow limited in a certainset of lore or rules...
I think it's a much better, and more stable idea to focus on creating worthwhile characters, areas, weapons, etc, then use that to decide how many hours the game will be, rather than the reverse. If you commit yourself to a 100 hour experience, you'll likely find yourself creating repetitive content that isn't worth the full 100.

Remember, an amazing 10 hours will be played to completion, a terribly boring 100 hours will lead to players quitting the game in the first 5.
(10-18-2018, 04:35 AM)nicktheslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a much better, and more stable idea to focus on creating worthwhile characters, areas, weapons, etc, then use that to decide how many hours the game will be, rather than the reverse. If you commit yourself to a 100 hour experience, you'll likely find yourself creating repetitive content that isn't worth the full 100.

Remember, an amazing 10 hours will be played to completion, a terribly boring 100 hours will lead to players quitting the game in the first 5.

hm, this is a very enlightening answer.
but the 10 hour solution does not work for 100 hour solution, does it?

or am i missing it?

what is this worthwhile stable ideas? 
are they fitting for 10 hour games or somewhat a universal solution for infinite hour content?