The VG Resource

Full Version: Trying to rip the totally-not-source-mdl files from Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Managed to get as far as unzipping the files. They appear to be Source .mdl files, however they do not load in HLMV (Source and Goldsrc).

The wiki says outright that they're .MDL files, though trying to load them in Jet's Model Viewer proves to no avail.

Crafty gives the default message when fed an invalid MDL file.

They seem to be rippable (and somehow viewable with animations), I just don't know how.

Here's the file to the Polysphere, since the game was ripped from Steam's shelves and thrown into the abyss.

They don't look like Half-Life model files hex-edit wise (It does start with the path, though it doesn't show the bone names), but for what the "unused animation" files say they might be (though it could just be from viewing the Raz0rChar.txt)

The .mtl files mention "LitTexture," which may be a clue as to what .mdl files these are?

The sound files are XACT Wave Bank files, which appear to be common for video games.
So I managed to find a converter. This one
http://3doc.i3dconverter.com/index.html
However, it's conversion deletes the UV maps (that or the UV maps are stored in another file)
[Image: image.png]

So unless anyone's willing to rip the converter from 3D Object Converter and fix it we're fucked.