The VG Resource

Full Version: Missing Pokémon GO Loading Screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now, there's only three of these on the site. I'm trying to find the rest (in their in-game 1024x1024 resolution), and I've found several on a few Github repositories, but three still elude me: New Years 2016/2017 (Generation II babies watching fireworks), Spring 2017 (Steelix attacking the player) and Halloween 2017 ("scary" Pokémon standing in front of a full moon in a pumpkin patch).

Now, I was able to find a file, apparently for the New Years 2016/2017 screen, in a version 0.53.1 APK called "WarningScreen_BackgroundPlate_NewYears.png_enc." It's a text file rather than an image file, but it's 3.72 MB in size. It appears to be a PNG that's encrypted. I've uploaded this file here.

Any ideas on how I can decrypt it? The Pokémon GO page on The Spriter's Resource is in desperate need of updating, and this is as good a start as any.
I'm coming back to this old thread. This is the only other person on the Internet that has called attention to the:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/co...g_encoded/
Niantic did it again for the 2019 New Year's loading screen. The thread digs a little more into it, but they're still ultimately unsuccessful in decoding it.
...and apparently there's yet another: "haloween2017_18.png_encoded.txt" (Halloween is misspelled in the filename). I'd really like to update the sheet with these.