The VG Resource

Full Version: Misc issues ripping certain Sonic and Sega games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First post here!And with that i'll be discussing a few issues i've experienced on my little "quest" to rip Sonic models.
Note that most of these problems are related to my attempts at ripping the models from the game files themselves rather than using something like Ninja Ripper.
First off,Sonic Riders.The models (from what i could guess) are actually on either extensionless or .DAT files,and with the research i've done i wasn't able to find a way to get the models without creating an extractor from scratch (which i have no idea how to do lmao).
Sonic Free Riders is a whole different case,and i wasn't even able to find any info on it too,since all the files are either .lex or .xex files that i have no idea how to open or extract.
I also tried Sonic Rivals 1-2,and i was able to go pretty far with it,but wasn't able to get the models.They seem to be inside .str files,and although i was able to open those files,the program i used was only for sound data which means the models weren't accesable.
The Sonic Boom games seem to have some pretty odd issues regarding ripping.Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice both seem to only give me a bunch of .xmb files and a log_assets text file that lists a bunch of files that weren't even extracted.As for Rise of Lyric,the only files i got were .wiiu.stream files and the only quickbms script that can extract them is unavailable due to the link for it being down.
Lastly,there's Sega Superstars Tennis.Both versions i got (Wii and Xbox 360) only had a single .pac or .pak file that probably contains all the files,but i wasn't lucky on finding any info on how to extract those.
Any help is appreciated if anyone happens to know how to rip these,even just pointing me to the right direction would help.
Bump?
So far i've had more issues with more games.I can't find any info on how to do any ripping on both of the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing games,not even where to start,all i know is that the first one has models on either .sif or .sig,both of which i have no idea how to open.As for Transformed everything seems to be inside this encrypted GameAssets.M00 file that i have no idea how to open.
Along with those there's Lost World and Forces and i was able to get pretty far (managed to get meshes)but i've been having several issues with getting the models with rigging.I've tried tools for Skyrim which failed,i tried Skyth's modelfbx tool but i haven't been able to find a way to do it how it's supposed to be done (i've tried putting the models on it's directory,running cmd and then typing the file names,never exports anything)and for some reason when i try to just export the skl.hkx file,it gives me an empty fbx.I have a feeling this is probably way easier than i think but i just haven't been able to do it yet without any further specification besides typing file names.
Edit:Forgot to say,i managed to get the models from Sonic Riders Zero Gravity by hexing them out the game's file (using the tiny portion of info i could find)but i haven't been able to find where the textures could even be on the code.