The VG Resource

Full Version: Puterboy1's Sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had such high hopes that all of my sounds that I had submitted so far would go through the traditional process. But now my privileges have been revoked for the second time this year, I might as well show off my stuff before it is considered for approval and maybe, just maybe, I might get my privileges back, or move on once I have submitted one thousand sounds. Feel free to attempt to download and submit them yourselves to save me a bit of time, but make sure to give me credit in the submitters section. Or you can just not at all if you know what is best for you. If any of the zip files prove to be broken, just ignore them.

MOD EDIT: Removed a bunch of external links to files.
The reason your privileges were revoked is because you don't understand what the word "change" means. You lack any sense of understanding that we're trying to help you improve your submissions so that we can restore your privileges. We don't want to remove anyone's permissions from submitting, but the fact that you ignore our help and keep submitting crap will get you removed. It does not seem like you care on how to fix your sounds, and that you are not concerned with the fact that they are all low quality. Nobody is going to want to help someone who only cares about submitting "one thousand sounds", because we only care about quality and not quantity. Your goal of submitting one thousand sounds is not a bad goal to have, but if it includes going against a good portion of the submitting guidelines then I would quit while you're ahead. To be honest, I don't think you should have your privileges put back in place, until you can understand that you are submitting sounds that are "wrong" and you stop saying that you "can't fix them" because you can. The only reason you can't fix your submissions is because you won't listen to us. I recommend you open your ears up to criticism more, and be more open to fixing and changing your submissions to follow the clear guidelines we have set in place. Organization isn't that hard, but it takes practice to get better at. Unless you are willing to listen to others, nothing is going to change for you.
(08-29-2018, 03:01 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]The reason your privileges were revoked is because you don't understand what the word "change" means. You lack any sense of understanding that we're trying to help you improve your submissions so that we can restore your privileges. We don't want to remove anyone's permissions from submitting, but the fact that you ignore our help and keep submitting crap will get you removed. It does not seem like you care on how to fix your sounds, and that you are not concerned with the fact that they are all low quality. Nobody is going to want to help someone who only cares about submitting "one thousand sounds", because we only care about quality and not quantity. Your goal of submitting one thousand sounds is not a bad goal to have, but if it includes going against a good portion of the submitting guidelines then I would quit while you're ahead. To be honest, I don't think you should have your privileges put back in place, until you can understand that you are submitting sounds that are "wrong" and you stop saying that you "can't fix them" because you can. The only reason you can't fix your submissions is because you won't listen to us. I recommend you open your ears up to criticism more, and be more open to fixing and changing your submissions to follow the clear guidelines we have set in place. Organization isn't that hard, but it takes practice to get better at. Unless you are willing to listen to others, nothing is going to change for you.

All right, I will bide my time and wait. Maybe this time, I can be more careful.

(08-29-2018, 03:01 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]The reason your privileges were revoked is because you don't understand what the word "change" means. You lack any sense of understanding that we're trying to help you improve your submissions so that we can restore your privileges. We don't want to remove anyone's permissions from submitting, but the fact that you ignore our help and keep submitting crap will get you removed. It does not seem like you care on how to fix your sounds, and that you are not concerned with the fact that they are all low quality. Nobody is going to want to help someone who only cares about submitting "one thousand sounds", because we only care about quality and not quantity. Your goal of submitting one thousand sounds is not a bad goal to have, but if it includes going against a good portion of the submitting guidelines then I would quit while you're ahead. To be honest, I don't think you should have your privileges put back in place, until you can understand that you are submitting sounds that are "wrong" and you stop saying that you "can't fix them" because you can. The only reason you can't fix your submissions is because you won't listen to us. I recommend you open your ears up to criticism more, and be more open to fixing and changing your submissions to follow the clear guidelines we have set in place. Organization isn't that hard, but it takes practice to get better at. Unless you are willing to listen to others, nothing is going to change for you.

And while I know that you are trying to help me, you could have fixed them manually. Scratch that, all I ever wanted was to provide stuff that others don’t usually have, and I was even going to set a record by my submissions for the Year 2 content of Lego Dimensions.
(08-29-2018, 03:29 PM)Puterboy1 Wrote: [ -> ]you could have fixed them manually. Scratch that, all I ever wanted was to provide stuff that others don’t usually have, and I was even going to set a record by my submissions for the Year 2 content of Lego Dimensions.

This. This right here. This is another huge problem.

You fail to understand that it is not our responsibility to fix your submissions. Especially when you submit so many. You and so many other submitters do not understand how much of a workload we have, and it makes things harder when people don't submit correctly as well as expect us to fix it for them. That is outright laziness. It is your work. You must fix the issues. We don't have the time for that. It is the submitter's job to make their content as usable as possible for the public. No one wants to download a pack of sounds only to find they are in a format they can't use, won't play, they can't find what they are looking for because it's just all chucked together, or it's so large they can't even download it in the first place.

I know I have fixed your submissions before but it was honestly only because I couldn't get you to understand what I was explaining to you about how to fix them and I didn't want the content from those obscure games to go to waste. But I can't do it anymore, neither can the rest of the staff.

I really have tried to be patient with you because I get the impression you are trying to understand, but if you want your priviledges back, part of it is that you cannot expect us to do your work for you.

We sincerely hope that you will listen to us and cooperate, we don't want to have to lose a submitter.
(08-29-2018, 04:34 PM)RMighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2018, 03:29 PM)Puterboy1 Wrote: [ -> ]you could have fixed them manually. Scratch that, all I ever wanted was to provide stuff that others don’t usually have, and I was even going to set a record by my submissions for the Year 2 content of Lego Dimensions.

This. This right here. This is another huge problem.

You fail to understand that it is not our responsibility to fix your submissions. Especially when you submit so many. You and so many other submitters do not understand how much of a workload we have, and it makes things harder when people don't submit correctly as well as expect us to fix it for them. That is outright laziness. It is your work. You must fix the issues. We don't have the time for that. It is the submitter's job to make their content as usable as possible for the public. No one wants to download a pack of sounds only to find they are in a format they can't use, won't play, they can't find what they are looking for because it's just all chucked together, or it's so large they can't even download it in the first place.

I know I have fixed your submissions before but it was honestly only because I couldn't get you to understand what I was explaining to you about how to fix them and I didn't want the content from those obscure games to go to waste. But I can't do it anymore, neither can the rest of the staff.

I really have tried to be patient with you because I get the impression you are trying to understand, but if you want your priviledges back, part of it is that you cannot expect us to do your work for you.

We sincerely hope that you will listen to us and cooperate, we don't want to have to lose a submitter.

All right. I suppose I’ll stick to Lego games since thier sounds seem to be easily acceptable.
dam these posts worded a little harsh

Alright, so Puterboy: It's clear your heart's in the right place. You want to submit a lot of content and we appreciate your motivation and drive - however, there's something you're kind of missing here: Try seeing things from the other side, the end user, or the person that's downloading the sound for enjoyment (or whatever the reason)

You cannot simply put every sound file from a game into a folder and submit them. Just like a sprite sheet, the end user really appreciates it when things are ordered nicely for easier consumption.
Making the zip file really organized for submission is not only helpful to the end user, but also the chances of your submission getting accepted rise tenfold!!

Now, understand that someone has to manually open up your directory and listen to each file. The posts you're seeing are from exasperated content reviewers who have, time and time again, listened to your submissions, rejected them for not being organized enough and have become agitated with giving you suggestions on how to improve and you're (clearly) ignoring them. You've ignored them so many times that as a result, your submission privileges have been revoked. But no worries - it's actually really easy to fix that and here's how!

The key here is: Organization!!

When you wash clothes and put them away, do you just throw shirts, socks, and underpants into the same drawer and pile them on top of each other without folding them?! No!!!
...AFTER you fold all your clothes, you put the socks together, the underpants together, and the shirts together in three piles before putting them into a dresser drawer. You then do your best to fit socks and underpants in one drawer, and if you have a lot of shirts, you'll store them in another drawer. You can even organize your dresser drawer further by separating long socks and ankle socks, or boxers separate from briefs, and colored tees from white tees.
This same type of organization is encouraged with site submissions!

For example, it sounds like your submissions are mostly like this:
Code:
/Voices/
/SFX/
Good to see you're splitting it at least two things, but this is still frustrating for the end user. This is not good enough.

What if you organized it further?
Code:
/Voices/
   /Sam/
   /Jackson/
   /Margaret/
   /Pedestrian/
/Sounds/
   /Pickup Truck/
   /Fire Truck/
   /Train/
   /Miscellaneous/
Wow! This makes it easy for the user to look through the file and find what they're looking for!

So, to review:
Organized submission = Happy reviewer = Submission accepted = Happy users!!

You, probably Wrote:But I work so hard! Why don't you guys organize it?
Here's an easy answer:
[Image: queue.png]
Imagine if the staff had to do this for every submission. Every single one. All 1,329. They'd go insane.
This is why organizing it before submitting it is appreciated.

Quote:All right. I suppose I’ll stick to Lego games since thier sounds seem to be easily acceptable.
That's...not how it works? Those still have to be organized. As mentioned above, if they're organized, they'll be accepted! If they're just 2 folders, that's not enough organization.

Apologies if this is kind long, but I tried to explain it as exhaustively as I could. If you're still confused, we'll be more than happy to further explain what we're looking for with you in hopes that you can get submitter status back!
(08-29-2018, 06:43 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]dam these posts worded a little harsh

Alright, so Puterboy: It's clear your heart's in the right place. You want to submit a lot of content and we appreciate your motivation and drive - however, there's something you're kind of missing here: Try seeing things from the other side, the end user, or the person that's downloading the sound for enjoyment (or whatever the reason)

You cannot simply put every sound file from a game into a folder and submit them. Just like a sprite sheet, the end user really appreciates it when things are ordered nicely for easier consumption.
Making the zip file really organized for submission is not only helpful to the end user, but also the chances of your submission getting accepted rise tenfold!!

Now, understand that someone has to manually open up your directory and listen to each file. The posts you're seeing are from exasperated content reviewers who have, time and time again, listened to your submissions, rejected them for not being organized enough and have become agitated with giving you suggestions on how to improve and you're (clearly) ignoring them. You've ignored them so many times that as a result, your submission privileges have been revoked. But no worries - it's actually really easy to fix that and here's how!

The key here is: Organization!!

When you wash clothes and put them away, do you just throw shirts, socks, and underpants into the same drawer and pile them on top of each other without folding them?! No!!!
...AFTER you fold all your clothes, you put the socks together, the underpants together, and the shirts together in three piles before putting them into a dresser drawer. You then do your best to fit socks and underpants in one drawer, and if you have a lot of shirts, you'll store them in another drawer. You can even organize your dresser drawer further by separating long socks and ankle socks, or boxers separate from briefs, and colored tees from white tees.
This same type of organization is encouraged with site submissions!

For example, it sounds like your submissions are mostly like this:
Code:
/Voices/
/SFX/
Good to see you're splitting it at least two things, but this is still frustrating for the end user. This is not good enough.

What if you organized it further?
Code:
/Voices/
   /Sam/
   /Jackson/
   /Margaret/
   /Pedestrian/
/Sounds/
   /Pickup Truck/
   /Fire Truck/
   /Train/
   /Miscellaneous/
Wow! This makes it easy for the user to look through the file and find what they're looking for!

So, to review:
Organized submission = Happy reviewer = Submission accepted = Happy users!!

You, probably Wrote:But I work so hard! Why don't you guys organize it?
Here's an easy answer:
[Image: queue.png]
Imagine if the staff had to do this for every submission. Every single one. All 1,329. They'd go insane.
This is why organizing it before submitting it is appreciated.

Quote:All right. I suppose I’ll stick to Lego games since thier sounds seem to be easily acceptable.
That's...not how it works? Those still have to be organized. As mentioned above, if they're organized, they'll be accepted! If they're just 2 folders, that's not enough organization.

Apologies if this is kind long, but I tried to explain it as exhaustively as I could. If you're still confused, we'll be more than happy to further explain what we're looking for with you in hopes that you can get submitter status back!
Don’t you think I try to be organized? Especially in what had been my recent submissions? If any of my remaining submissions are approved until I reach a thousand, it probably won’t matter anymore since I aim to become a filmmaker. But I’ll give you the download links soon enough.

Update: And here they are now in the top post!
You lack seeing the point of us removing your submission privileges so I think it's best for you to just move on.
(08-29-2018, 11:25 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]You lack seeing the point of us removing your submission privileges so I think it's best for you to just move on.

Well, I have updated the page with links to at least some of my sounds, so maybe there’s hope after all.
I will see about it.

Update: I have already uploaded them.

MOD EDIT: Removed quotes with external links.
(09-01-2018, 01:57 PM)knoghnogh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 09:26 PM)Puterboy1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018, 07:59 PM)knoghnogh Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I downloaded the sound effects section of your Lego dimensions Sound Effects File. It has all the sound qualities of Year 1-2 Wink , my only concern is that there wasn't any familiar Midway Arcade Sound Effects. See if you can upload them on to them, or maybe there a couple of more sound effects that needs to be added if i'm forgetting of any other. Other than that, all I can say is I'm glad I have what I downloaded, for the most part.

P.S.
Could you possibly find a way to download the VG sound effects from Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 (all sounds named and organized as propered in your Lego Dimensions files, unlike the Lego Star Wars Force Awakens files for their General Voice Clips and Sound Files which I tell ya is an unorganized EmbarassednightmareEmbarassed, d.p.s, could you add that to the list.

In short, keep up the good work, enjoy your day.
Chow.

I will see about it.

Update: I have already uploaded them.

Thx for the Upload on those LSW FA (Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens) SFX, now we just need a file consisting of all the characters general voices, grunts, efforts, pains, etc. whenever you've prepar them up. Plus a folder for Chewbacca roars and such, and what other voices i'm forgetting.

I already revised them beforehand.
I don't want to sound rude but typing long, thorough exhaustive posts seem to be wasted on you. Thinking (Just got around to checking this now) So I'll try to be blunt here.

You seem to be more focused on getting to 1000 submissions rather than having them actually be 1000 good submissions.
Long story short: it's like the old saying "quality over quantity" - and you seem to be obsessed with quantity so you can pursue your lifelong dream of filmmaking soon after.
People won't watch 10 short films if they're made quickly and don't have much content. Try putting your best material into one small film instead of trying to make the 10 work.

They are sometimes too vague to stand on their own merit. For example, if you submit a "Loading" icon and it's just that that's way too vague. If there's other UI elements besides a "Loading" icon (like the rest of the HUD) and you combine these into one sheet, they'll be far more likely to be accepted.

We appreciate the effort that you're putting into actually ripping them! But super vague things - like "Menu arrows" or "Message window" - don't really have a good chance of being accepted without a few more things to back them up.
(09-04-2018, 05:13 PM)knoghnogh Wrote: [ -> ]You're still possibly working on getting all those General Voice Clips from Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens in a organized file, I'm in no rush on acquiring those at one point in time, so if you're still working on them, take your time. What I am here to ask for if you could possibly be able to acquire Sound Effects and general voice clips from some of my favorite Video games if it's possibly ok? I set a list for you to show you what I need:

Gex: Enter the Gecko (sound effects only)
Duck Dodgers N64
Spyro Ripto's Rage (sound effects only)
Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing

I might have miss some other favorite games I've once played, but i'll get to them later on. Till then, what do ya say. Hope i'm not giving you a big chore.
Chow
I am not working on them and I told you, I revised the voice clips some time before.
(09-10-2018, 01:11 PM)knoghnogh Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when you said you were revised all the voice clips from Lego Star Wars Force Awakens some time before, how they coming along?

I said it takes time, but if you want them, here:

MOD EDIT: Removed external link.
Don't give up I really do want you to make your 1000 sound submission and I am sure the mods will work with you. Trust me, who doesn't want to have access to a large collection of sound effects like that?
Pages: 1 2 3