The VG Resource

Full Version: How to extract NBCH files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I extracted the files of Mario Golf: World Tour. I was looking forward to putting character models on The Models Resource, and they were in .nbch format. How can I extract them? REPLY PLEASE.
First of all... the "REPLY PLEASE." thing? No-no. No one will be compelled to reply.

Second of all, just a word of advice. Post a sample. Smile I may have an idea which format it MAY be, send one over!

But I'd be glad to try and help!
It is in .nbch format, and that is the extension for the character models.
In this .zip file is Mario.
Hey, is anyone gonna do it?
Hi again IMGABFDI7!

First, I'd like to ask you to stop bumping your threads or spamming replies for the sake of getting to 50 posts, it isn't beneficial or very courteous to other users. And asking if anyone is going to do something for you is technically against the rules. Please refrain from exhibiting these behaviors in the future.

Secondly, I'd like to again remind you to use a hex editor (my favorite being HxD) to view any unknown files you may have or find, as it could just be another format with a different extension.

So, looking at the file, it seems to actually be a NARC archive. Therefore, we can go and rename "mario.nbch" to "mario.narc" and load it into Tinke (which can easily extract NARC archives). Then, click on the archive in the Tinke GUI and click "Unpack" in the bottom right corner. From there, you can select the archive again and click "Extract" and choose the folder where you want the extracted files to go.

Hope this helps, cheers!
What do I save the file as?
I mean, when I click the "Extract" button, I get the window telling me what the file name should be, and it does not show what to save the file as. The only way I can save what the file is is putting the file extension at the end of the name.

Never mind, I think I got it. Thanks.