The VG Resource

Full Version: Worst Mario Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, tell us (in your opinion) what you think the WORST Mario game was, and why.

IMO, I say that SMB2 (the one that came from Doki Doki Panic) was the worst. Sure it introduced the Shyguy, but no other characters in that game got used again, and it didn't feel like a Mario game at all. In Mario, you're supposed to be able to kill things by jumping on them. You have to pick your enemies up and throw them in that game. Also, you get hearts instead of Mushrooms. And you have some sort of health bar thing. There's more, but I'm done discussing this game.
Yeah, forgot about them cuz noone cares about them. Toad an Peach were in SMB1, when Toad would say the well known line "Our princess is in another castle". But if you mean first time playable, then yeah. But still, that game didn't feel like a Mario game at all.

Mario's Time Machine confused me. I didn't know how to play it.
I have to say, either Hotel Mario, or Wrecking Crew, never liked either of them...
Spoilers:

SUPER MARIO BALL
God, that game was shitty.
Oh my god... The one for GBA? God I fucking HATE that game. Mainly because it was boring as hell.
Mario is missing

What the hell?
Mario is Missing made no sense either. Those educational Mario games sucked.
Zee Wrote:Mario Teaches Typing.
Mario is Missing.
Mario's Time Machine.
Mario Hotel.
fixed
Usually people use shitty games cutscenes in Youtube poops. The ones most used would be Hotel Mario, and LoZ CD-i
SMB2 was a fine game.

To further invalidate your argument, Bob-ombs made their series debut in SMB2. It seems rare nowadays to find a Mario title that doesn't feature them in some way.
Out of the ones that I played (played a fair few) the only ones that are awful are Mario is Missing (because it is boring, the graphics and music are pretty good) and Super Mario Ball that has poorer controls than Sonic Spinball.

Actually I didn't mind Wrecking Crew as it was a NES game and it is them arcade pick up and play games.

Colton Wrote:Usually people use shitty games cutscenes in Youtube poops. The ones most used would be Hotel Mario, and LoZ CD-i

As a comic writer for the official site of poops (Youchewpoop), I don't think many people use them nowadays. Heck people even use GOOD Mario games and good gameplay cutscenes (aka Metal Gear Solid) in poops such as RabbitSnore, Christoph and Whelt. I don't know how I know or even have the comic writing job there to be honest, was a blur.
Sonic Spinball wasn't all that bad. And I didn't include Bob-ombs because they had a... wierd appearance in that game. They looked strange, and a LOT different than the modern Bob-omb. Also, I played this Kindergarten Mario game. Horrid GFX, and it was complete shit.

The only reason I say SMB2 is because it WAS a nice game, but it felt NOTHING like a Mario game. It's like putting Mario in a Sonic game or something. They don't go together.
Colton Wrote:Yeah, forgot about them cuz noone cares about them. Toad an Peach were in SMB1, when Toad would say the well known line "Our princess is in another castle". But if you mean first time playable, then yeah. But still, that game didn't feel like a Mario game at all.

...Peach wasn't in SMB1. That was princess daisy.
Badassbill Wrote:
Colton Wrote:Yeah, forgot about them cuz noone cares about them. Toad an Peach were in SMB1, when Toad would say the well known line "Our princess is in another castle". But if you mean first time playable, then yeah. But still, that game didn't feel like a Mario game at all.

...Peach wasn't in SMB1. That was princess daisy.

wasn't Daisy introduced in Super Mario LAND? the one for the good ol' gameboy? and wasn't Peach just reffered to as Princess Toadstool back then?
yeah Sho is right.
Pages: 1 2 3