The VG Resource

Full Version: SA2B model dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently more-or-less completed my model exporter for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and I would like to share the rips with people who are interested in either using them or uploading them to the site.

Source: https://github.com/TGEnigma/SAModelTools

Notes:
  • Character models come with their original skeletons and weights intact, but they are sadly not natively t-posed.
  • Stage models come with vertex colors, but most of the meshes do not have normals.
  • Stage model mesh names also include the flags that were applied to them prefixed with @, glossary here (will be updated if need be):
    C - Collision

Downloads:
Characters
Stages

3ds Max note:
If you're using 3ds Max, you can use this MaxScript to fix up the models automatically (fix specularity and rotation).

Code:
for o in objects where o.material != undefined do o.material.specularLevel = 0;
select $node_0;
toolMode.coordsys #local;
rotate $ (angleaxis 90 [0,0,1]);
clearSelection();
actionMan.executeAction 0 "310";
I'm going to assume "SA2B" refers to "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle", right?
(08-15-2018, 02:33 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to assume "SA2B" refers to "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle", right?

Indeed it does.
Updated first post with a link to a rip of all stages.
This is great, awesome in fact! How did you do all this though?
I am very curious...
These are great! The Maxscript doesn't do anything, just changes the rotation of the viewport. Tried in 2011 and 2016
(08-23-2018, 10:06 AM)josh98 Wrote: [ -> ]These are great! The Maxscript doesn't do anything, just changes the rotation of the viewport. Tried in 2011 and 2016

Odd, it's supposed to rotate the model. Might be a coordinate space problem. Also, it should at least remove the specularity, which I'm assuming it does.

(08-20-2018, 06:18 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]This is great, awesome in fact! How did you do all this though?
I am very curious...

From scratch I wrote my own library in C# to parse the files and export them. I am also working on creating a model importer, among other things.
I was using OPENCollada. I imported it with the default .DAE importer and ran the script, and it worked fine. Exported that with OPENCollada, and now it's all good.
Another option to deal with DAE importer issues is to use the Autodesk FBX converter (https://www.autodesk.com/developer-netwo...r-archives) to convert them to FBX first.
They work just fine using 3ds Max's default collada importer though (I'm using 2018).
is it possible for the dreamcast assets to be ripped? (and also are the kart models in here? just curious)
Is it possible to rip the Boss models from the game?
is there a way to fix the weird broken characters automatically in blender? if so. mind telling me