The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Levels/Stages From Certain PS3 Games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to ask and find out about this a couple years back but I never got to do so. I know 3D character model ripping sounds easier than ripping stages. (As far as I know)

I want to know how difficult or if it's possible to rip levels/stages  from games like Hyperdimension Neptunia or any other PS3 game or the PC version of a specified game.
Anything in the Playstation is always hard to rip models-wise. It almost always requires knowledge of 3d-geometry and how to reverse-engineer it. A lot of people don't interpret the fact that level geometry is never stored as one single file. There is usually a file (From what I can concur) that places the geometry of models in a certain way. It's like a puzzle, and you have to be able to reverse that puzzle in order to build a level model file. To be honest, your question is too broad to be answered well, because there are so many ways to represent geometry in these kinds of games. Some use compression (Such as Last of Us PS3 uses Edge Compression for its vertices). If possible, go PC.