The VG Resource

Full Version: Ninja Ripper is ripping the Steam Overlay Instead of Intended Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me preface by saying that that we had everything working as intended only a few months ago back in March and nothing changed in our setup as far as we are aware to start having these issues.

We are ripping models from the creation suite from the PC WWE games using the latest version of Ninja Ripper, and recently instead ripping the scene with the models we have been getting a rip of the Steam overlay instead:
[Image: nesxe0.png]

We have deduced that it has something to do with the snapshot key but when remapping the button on both Steam's end and Ninja Ripper's end the game simply won't rip anything, as does disabling Steam Overlay entirely.

We do still have the Ninja Ripper logs for both one of our past successful attempts and the current attempt.

If you can help us out with our problem or can suggest another program that can rip DirectX11 compatible games we would appreciate it.
Two steps should fix it:

- Disable steam overlay overall.
- Set the target of Ninja Ripper to the game's executable, and not the Steam executable.
(07-19-2018, 03:14 PM)Pingu! Wrote: [ -> ]Two steps should fix it:

- Set the target of Ninja Ripper to the game's executable, and not the Steam executable.
Hi, thanks for replying we have tried disabling everything with the steam overlay but nothing works, we cant rip anything unless we have the steam overlay enabled. We have set also Ninja Ripper to the game executable and it forces Steam to log in to access.
We also been getting this error message when accessing the game executable without first logging in to steam:
[Image: 2hicvnc.png]

We tried everything and don't know what else to do, any other advice would be greatly welcomed.
(07-19-2018, 07:23 PM)vinnyboiler Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi, thanks for replying we have tried disabling everything with the steam overlay but nothing works, we cant rip anything unless we have the steam overlay enabled. We have set also Ninja Ripper to the game executable and it forces Steam to log in to access.
We also been getting this error message when accessing the game executable without first logging in to steam:

We tried everything and don't know what else to do, any other advice would be greatly welcomed.

You may need to activate offline mode for the game, if possible. I know some games require at least a check-in with the steam servers to ensure they're not pirated, unless you've enabled offline mode. I haven't done it in a long time, though, so I don't recall how.
(07-19-2018, 07:40 PM)Pixel3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2018, 07:23 PM)vinnyboiler Wrote: [ -> ]

You may need to activate offline mode for the game, if possible. I know some games require at least a check-in with the steam servers to ensure they're not pirated, unless you've enabled offline mode. I haven't done it in a long time, though, so I don't recall how.

We tried turning Steam offline, we even put flight mode on and it still didn't work, we are still getting the same error. We also can't find a way to put the game into an offline mode. It was a good idea though, thanks for replying.
Hi,

I am very sorry for the 6+ month bump but I have still yet to find success again after posting here prior.

I have tried everything from disabling steam overlay to launching a cracked version of the game online and everything in between but still only 4 things happen.

1) I only get log files
2) I rip the Steam Overlay
3) I get empty folders
4) Whenever I press the rip key in Ninja Ripper nothing rips (I even combined all the keys into one but it don't work)

I want to thank anyone who posted beforehand and I appreciate all the help but I have yet to actually solve this issue. I have tried ripping models from the game on other PC's outside my home and have come up short as well. The only other conceivable thing I can imagine is that it must of been a windows update that broke Ninja Ripper but other then the WWE 2K PC series every other game that worked before still works to my testing. 

I doubt the game has been updated as well seeing as the older steam releases of the game has also stopped working and those games haven't had an update before Ninja Ripper broke.

Does have anyone have any version of WWE 2K on PC that they don't mind testing with us to see if we can finally get models ripped from this game again?