The VG Resource

Full Version: .gar Assistance, Please? (NOT SIMPLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I know I'm pretty lurker-ish, but I do try and rip stuff when the mood takes me. I'm better with sprites, but models are beautiful and fun when I can figure them out.

Anyway, I'm trying to get into Ever Oasis, since that game is a goldmine of beautiful models that you barely get to see, I've gotten some assets properly thanks to this thread, as well as using Citra to extract textures where possible, but there's a few errors creeping in between the two, and I'd like some help extracting the textures properly. Namely that Citra's textures lack transparency, which is sometimes actually used for transparency, and not just as specular map, and I can't seem to GET all the textures from the raw files..

Many models from the .gar files do not have any textures associated with them. Those that do, have textures in separate files. Is there some reason I can't seem to find models and textures in the same .gar file?
Also, there are a few files that seem to be icon banks, with tons of like-purposed icons, such as Character Heads and Bloom Booths. These files won't open, due to some error in the CMB viewer...

I'm including an icon bank .gar, as well as an item .gar file that is missing textures, and a copy of the error I get when trying to open the icon banks. Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

Icon Bank
Item File
Error Message

UPDATE 7/27/18
I've been beating my head against this as well as I can... None of my extremely rookie hacking attempts have worked, so I'll open up the request to pointing me in the vague direction of the skills needed to solve this on my own. If anyone knows a good tutorial that shows what to look for, or heck, a textbook that can guide me through the process even vaguely, I'd appreciate it...