The VG Resource

Full Version: VMDG and VMDM files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i meantioned this on another thread but i decided to look at savestates i made for klonoa beach volleyball instead of the entire bin file and ive found large parts of data in hex editors that list what appear to be bone, possibly model and animation names, the parts that possibly contain the model and model bone data start with this VMDG header and the animation and animation bone data have VMDM, i have absolutely no clue what these stand for or how to extract them, but i also haven't been able to find any texture or palette data for some reason. but if anyone can help me with the VMDG AND VMDM stuff, or at least know what they are or how to extract them. i can send you the save state file im using. If i could i totally would provide a few of the files but as i said i have NO way of getting them out, i can't seem to extract the bin file they come from at all. Ive only been able to using psxprev and that doesnt even get the models for the characters, i can try hex ripping but thats about the only shot ive got right now. Tbh i might just either commission or maybe even request if im desperate enought, for someone to look into the game and either try to get the models and the textures with their uv's and proper pallete data or make a script that pulls it all out of the games files.
So, i just tried searching up one of the file types and literally NOTHING came up. it kept giving me stuff about virtual disks and stuff vmdk which wasnt near what i was looking for. i tried vdmd too and it keeps trying to correct my searches to vmdk and gives results on completely unrelated stuff, im at a complete loss here.