The VG Resource

Full Version: New section tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As I said on PT before them move, Mother/Earthbound needs a new tag. it's the only one (besides "other") that doesn't look cinematic. So I made this, available in two flavors; Starman and Ness. I picked them because Starman is in 2 games and is the most recognizable enemy in the series. Ness, on the other hand, is the most recognizable character. My personal choice (And SmithyGCN's) is Starman, but I thought I'd let you all pick or do a better one. All the graphics are from the SSB Dojo or Starmen.net.

[Image: ebtaghq0.png]
I do feel that it would be better to use actual Mother footage instead of using Supper Mash Brocollis as basis.
Naw, most of the images for the Nintendo section are either shots of 3D renders, or high-res sprites. That said, I think a shot of Pokémon Battle Revolution for the Pokémon section wold be appropriate.

The Starman looks better than Ness, also.
Yeah, Pokemon and Fire Emblem could both use some new tags.
I actually prefer Ness because I haven't played too much of earthbound so I recognize him better then starman who I haven't seen at all....
I prefer the first one above the others.
Maybe Mr Saturn, seems a bit more iconic than Starman.

I choose starman though, maybe for Fire Emblem you have something from FE PoR or RD, so it's 3Dish, even though there's no Ike sprites Sick
I know nothing about FE, so I'm not even going to attempt that one.
[Image: mothertagpx6.png]
Whatcha think?
Mr. Saturn looks out of place, and random.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Why not stick the chosen four in front of a background from a battle?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Or if there isn't enough space, just Ness.
Tonberry2k Wrote:Yeah, Pokemon and Fire Emblem could both use some new tags.

I have some new Pokémon tag ideas. I don't think I should post them here since this is for new Mother/Earthbound tag ideas.

Maybe the one with Ness should be a good choice. After all, Ness is a main character in the series.
personally i think that
[Image: 2lm16hy.gif]

edit: i'm really against the idea of the mother section tag being decided by people who only recognize the series from its involvement in the smash brothers franchise.
I agree. That really shafts Mother and Mother 3. Also, post any FE or Pokemon tags. I'll simply rename the thread.
[Image: 1211947494.png]

Just for the heck of it. I can do better than this, but it's midnight and I'm tired.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6