The VG Resource

Full Version: VPL files???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a friend of mine is ripping models from the new Dillon game [Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers] and when he got the files they all seemed to have come out as VPL files? But I searched all over and all I could find about VPL is that they are related to sound files? So I assume they aren't related to the game models as we are trying to find a few of the character models.

Is he ripping them wrong or is there a way to convert the VPLs to get the models? He's looking into other ways of ripping them, if any of you know of a good way to get them please let me know! I'd be VERY greatful!
They're just BCH files with a VPL extension. Ohana3DS or SPICA can open them with no effort.

The ones in the G3D folder.
(06-06-2018, 08:39 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]They're just BCH files with a VPL extension. Ohana3DS or SPICA can open them with no effort.

Ignore what I originally said, I downloaded the wrong file thing. Now to just download the right files..

(06-06-2018, 08:39 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]They're just BCH files with a VPL extension. Ohana3DS or SPICA can open them with no effort.

Okay so, when you say they open them no effort, does that mean they just can open the VPL? or do we have to rename them BCH? Some of them are outright not working for him while no matter what nothing is working for me with both tools.
Yep! Well, I was wrong. You need to decompress them with a script.
(06-06-2018, 09:33 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Yep! Well, I was wrong. You need to decompress them with a script.

I'm gonna say me and him are VERY new to this. Opening the EXE just kinda, opens a window then closes it, where would he put the script since hes the one who got all the files? Or if we both have the VPLs, what do we do with it?

Sorry I'm asking a lot! Again, VERY new to this!
He would put the EXE in the folder (g3d) that contains the .vpl files.
(06-06-2018, 09:42 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]He would put the EXE in the folder (g3d) that contains the .vpl files.

Okay, its not a g3d folder but an h3d, I hope that isn't important! And inside that folder is literally 25 folders with different VPLs in them. Would he place it in the individual folders or just the h3d?

(06-06-2018, 09:42 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]He would put the EXE in the folder (g3d) that contains the .vpl files.

Yo also, if you want a link to the google docs he has of all the files I can totally link it, since itd probably help if you saw what we were dealing with! If you don't mind that is!
Let me check.

Yeah, it's h3d. My mistake. Well run it in h3d itself, it'll decompress the subfolders too.

Try them all after. Some don't work, tho.
(06-06-2018, 09:48 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]Let me check.

Yeah, it's h3d. My mistake. Well run it in h3d itself, it'll decompress the subfolders too.

Try them all after. Some don't work, tho.

I tried it on my end, Im gonna wait till he does it on his. since he has the actual files. You want the google doc link anywho?
He said he tried it but he can't get any of the character models to open, which I can assume is something we cant fix since you said it doesnt work?
I have the ROM, and it worked on my end. :/
(06-06-2018, 09:57 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]I have the ROM, and it worked on my end. :/

of Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers? Were you able to get any of the models of NPCs?
He's using it from a ROM as well, he said some of the files are working for him, again I dont have all of them downloaded so mine arent working.

We are mainly trying to get the character models haha.

(06-06-2018, 09:57 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: [ -> ]I have the ROM, and it worked on my end. :/

He thinks we may have a bad copy, where did you get yours?
I will PM you.