The VG Resource

Full Version: How's this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eh, I'm a fan of the Earthbound series I guess... Earthbound happens to be my favorite game. Anyway, with Space Raep pretty much done, I wanna make an Earthbound fangame. It'll be a 2D fighter, and have characters from all three Earthbound games in it. But first off, I just need some critique.
[attachment=1678]
Also note I don't have the Mother 3/Earthbound 2 sprites done yet. I haven't even started them to be honesy. But how's these one's so far?

Also note I was looking off of the clay figures made of each character for box arts and such.
Nice. Well, Poo looks a little weird...I'm not quite sure why. The shading shouldn't realyl go up that high on the back of his head. Also, it might be his face, but maybe not. Ninten and Ness look very similar...so if you were to make a game with the 2 fighting each other, it would cause problems. I know they actually look similar, but maybe you should consider making some minor differences between them.
Yeah, I noticed Poo looked weird to me... I'm not sure why either. But besides the shoe color and backpack that Ness has, it may be hard to tell them apart. Though I have a guilty consience and if I change Ninten's or Ness's looks a little it'll make me feel like I ruined them.
While I understand, I have no advice for you there.
As for Poo, maybe you should make his head less round and make do something with his eyes. I'm not sure what Poo looks like, since I never got that far in Mother 2 (Only up to Jeff...).
Hm...
I could try screwing around with Poo. Google 'Earthbound Poo' though or something to see what he looks like. Just don't google 'Poo' alone...
XD
Well, Poo's eyes should be bigger, I guess, and his head should be a tiny bit ovalish. It's definitley not completely round in any of the pictures I saw on google.
Hm... most Earthbound characters seem to have roundish heads, but those are usuaully the kids. Poo isn't a kid as far as I know... uh... i dunno. I'll try that then and see how it comes out.
Maybe make the palletes of Ness and Ninten different?
Like use different shades of red and stuff on Ninten.
Well actually the thing is I wanted to use a universal pallette... so sorry if seems like I'm being stubborn.
erm... You need to make their heads more ovalish (already said before) and differentiate Ninten and Ness more (same with Paula/Ana). The color isn't that great and lacks contrast. Also, I suggest you making the sprites bigger, since it's a fighting game.
(12-25-2008, 08:34 AM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]erm... You need to make their heads more ovalish (already said before) and differentiate Ninten and Ness more (same with Paula/Ana). The color isn't that great and lacks contrast. Also, I suggest you making the sprites bigger, since it's a fighting game.
it could work if it was a multi person fighting game.