The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Mr. L
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Villainous Mr. L from Super Paper Mario returns!
So...
where is it?
I thought I attached it... Here it is
hahah. Thats a nice joke.

Seriously, wheres the REAL sheet.
That is the real sheet. I just started it. =P Merry Christmas
Oh... well then... there goes the laughs.

Okay, now I'll be serious. The sprites in general are pretty poorly made. First off all, the linart looks pretty boxy/flat. Luigi's nose is boxy, his hat, his torso, everything. Also... his forehead comes out too far and his mouth area doesn't come out enough. The shading is pretty poor. I'm not exactly an expert at shading myself, but I know when shading isn't very good. And the walking animation... is kinda... eh. Just basically redo the linart first, and then ask for tips on how to shade.
Ok. I made the chin come out further and the forehead come out less.
I don't really know how to make it less boxy.
Fix the hat position, make him less fat and make hi back curve less (in the 6th one over, it appears to be REALLY curvy), make the back of the hat bigger, make the front rounder, and like Colton said, make him generally less blocky.
About the thing about the 6th ones back, that's his arm.
So your saying that his back isn't even there? I'm saying that, based on the rest of the sprites, you should be able to see Mr. L's back behind his arm. His back should go straight down from his shoulders, unless he's thrusting his pelvis forward.
Never mind I got confused.
When you say the hat position, do you mean it is too far down, up, left or right?
You made the forehead go in a little but never fixed the hat. That's all I meant. So you could either move the hat left a little or make it slightly smaller to fit his smaller forehead.
Oh, ok
I think I fixed every thing you said. I also made the nose less boxy. I put a comparison in as well.
Goodnight, More posts tomorrow. Happy Holidays
Ok, the face is much better, but still needs just some minor "feature" edits. Also, the hat would be fine, but it doesn't look like a Mario style hat, so try looking up a picture of a Mario hat and base it off that. I can't help anymore right now, since it's Christmas Eve and I have to go. Good luck. Smile
Here it goes...

The sprite isn't good, and I'll tell you why: his nose is too big and is placed way too much to the right. His hat isn't good too. It's brim is too short and blocky. You should make it more curved, like the one in the first version.

His limbs are too jagged and blocky and his body get thinner when he walks. The arms look like they won't cycle well (same with the legs) and the shading is very poor. His outline is colored, but it doesn't give the 3D look it should have. You should learn how to choose better colors and how to shade correctly (see tutorials in the internet).

So, I suggest redoing the sprite. It's hard, I know, but this will help you to improve!

oh, by the way, Merry Christmas, everyone!
Pages: 1 2